Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 C2S Vesuvius Original Price

DDalgarn

I've got a 1997 C2S in vesuvius, am I right in thinking that this colour was a limited edition if so how many were made?

Also does anyone know what the original sale price would have been ?

Thanks
Dave

:dont know: :dont know: £15?

Not limited edition AFAIK unless the door handles are a different colour. :dont know:

Marmite colour but each to their own :grin:

A bit harsh guys :nooo:

Vesuvius is one of my favourites and in C2S guise it is probably one of the special editions with various different colour parts including wheels. Lots have lost some of the two tone effect after re sprays elc

I have no idea how many were made :dont know:

Any pcs :?:

Vesuvius Metallic was a special colour for the Carrera S. Available FOC

New cost for Carrera S £65,450 or with Tip for £68,645 (a little ironic)

dommorton said:
New cost for Carrera S £65,450 or with Tip for £68,645 (a little ironic)

I suppose given the fact that the future is all automatic cars they were charging extra to get in on the act - with a 4-speed Merc 'box :roll:

So if you had bought this car new, taken account of inflation, RPI etc there's no profit in it yet :?:

( :hand: That question is not a cue for another 'valuation' thread )

Great car and colour ! I used to have one. In fact it's not my old car is it??!! Not seen or heard of it since it went three years ago. Wish I could of kept it, but had to sell to fund the GT3....

Here are the UK prices for all 993 models in 1996. Vesuvius was a no cost option.

Attachments

• porsche_prices_163.jpg
    porsche_prices_163.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 10,323
Patronus said:
Here are the UK prices for all 993 models in 1996. Vesuvius was a no cost option.
Does anyone have the options price list to go with that? :dont know:

Here you go. Always knew there's a reason why I kept this price booklet.

Attachments

• scan0028_172.jpg
    scan0028_172.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 10,284
:worship:

Marvellous.

And what is even better, in a year or two, it my car will be back to 1996 prices!

(Sports Seats already @ 400-500% 1996 prices, by all accounts)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back