Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Number Plates Lights Not Working

t1x

Silverstone
Hi Everyone,

I recently updated my rear number plate lights to LED after a lot of research and help from this forum.

I noticed that both bulbs had stopped working recently. Whilst it was in the garage I was told that the LEDs had thrown up some error codes which i expected as there was alack of resistance.

The problem I have is that there seems to be no feed now to the bulbs. The fuses are fine.

Could this be the control unit?

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

t1x said:
Hi Everyone,

I recently updated my rear number plate lights to LED after a lot of research and help from this forum.

I noticed that both bulbs had stopped working recently. Whilst it was in the garage I was told that the LEDs had thrown up some error codes which i expected as there was alack of resistance.

The problem I have is that there seems to be no feed now to the bulbs. The fuses are fine.

Could this be the control unit?

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Suggestion - Remove LED and replace with stock. Insert key into ignition - position 1 - disconnect battery. Wait 30 minutes and reconnect - see if number plate lights work.
I have had LED in mine for over 2 years with no issues whatsoever.

If power restores try refitting LED but make sure you have a good connection - I found mine a little loose when first fitted so nipped up the contacts a little.

Hi Gollum,

'King Of LEDs'

Okay will give it a bash.

They were both working before.

Have to find the old ones now!!!

Will let you know how I get on!!

Thanks for the tip

Just an update.

Gollum. Thank you for the tip.

Put the stock bulbs in and they are working fine albeit in the standard yellow.

Will try to replace them in a while once I can source a decent set.

I do not really want to go down the route of putting resistors etc in.

BTW, finished the interior now and very pleased (even though its taken ages)

Thanks for all your help

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back