Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lets play 996 turbo vin number bingo...

kas750

So who has the first and who has the last??

My car is an 05 year car 680096.

out of interest when was your registered? mine was 10 years ago today LOL

Mac

680645 but model year 2004

Mac996t said:
out of interest when was your registered? mine was 10 years ago today LOL

Mac

It was the 15th October..

I always find the VIN sequence very interesting as you may find two cars that were together in production!...or is that just me? :oops:

kas750 said:
I always find the VIN sequence very interesting as you may find two cars that were together in production!

From what I gathered on a factory tour last year it's very unlikely that two Turbos with sequential VIN numbers would be found next to each other on the production line.

Non-GT 996 cars were produced in sequence of orders placed and whilst it's quite possible that two (and many more) non-Turbo engined cars were ordered at the same time the odds on orders for two Turbos being placed at the same time would be far lower.

I agree that finding a Turbo with the previous or next VIN Number would be fun. It would be interesting to then compare the 'build dates' of the two.

I can't believe I'm about to do this!!!

680780 :thumb:

But model year 2001??

05 turbo s cab 670417

Wassat mean then ?

david_a said:
05 turbo s cab 670417

Wassat mean then ?

I was going to say that it means that yours was built before the other 05 cars but as yours is a Cab' it starts with 67 as matter of course. Coupes start with 68.

Do you know your cars production date? If not, when was it first registered?

Kas ...... you're going to need another spreadsheet. :grin:

68 242 Middle of the road then, registered Oct 2003 (4S68 242) MY2004

Are you sure the bingo prize is just for 1st and last with nothing in the middle.

Prize to be decided :roll:

Come on guys let find the first and last known of these cars...

681462 09 jun 03
Gotta be somewhere close to the Middle?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back