Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OEM Fire extinguisher re pressurization in SE

Pip1968

Barcelona
I thought that I would pop this onto the GT and RS forum as I know many track goers have the OEM (Werner 3kg) extinguisher in the footwell. The one I picked up from NXI (thank you) was showing pressure borderline in the red/green. Well just in the red if the truth be told so I thought I would get it sorted.

Two problems encountered were firstly who would fix it and then as I sorted another one out for someone else, postage. Most fire extinguisher sellers and servicers were saying it would be cheaper to get a new one, not realizing it was a Porsche one. This is because many do not deal with powder extinguishers. Anyway in the end I got a Kent chap to do it. He picked up and dropped off a couple of days later and all for £25 incl. (01634-241546 . Some confidence was obtained in that he said he had done an OEM Ferrari one not so long ago where Ferrari would have charged £400 for a new one.

He said it was common for them to lose pressure over a period of time due to being 'thrown around' - shaken/wobbled. Anyway he said he pretty much covers the SE and it is certainly worth checking and ensuring the pressure is in the middle of the green.

Posting is also a problem as it is classed as hazardous by many couriers ie Post Office et cetera. In the end I found APC Overnight. Expect to pay about £21 incl if you are sending the extinguisher and bracket/bolts. It weighs about 9 kilogrammes all in presumably a bit less for just the extinguisher ~ 7kg.

I hope this helps

Pip

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back