Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

This was the anoying thing letting my car down, what's yours

DaleD53

Spa-Francorchamps
So guys what's the annoying thing that is/was letting your car down ?

I will go first...

When I was in the process of fitting my new bumper grills to my C4S (additional post to follow later) I found that the front inner wheel arches were horribly cracked. They looked rubbish and let the car down, but also if I "accidentally" found myself out in the rain; they would have let water in behind; this would have affected the cooling fans. I decided they had to go and therefore ordered a new set from OPC.

The secret to a nice easy fit is to take the wheel off; sounds obvious but I think the originals were cracked by someone trying to remove them with the wheels on.

There's something nice about having lovely clean inner wheel arches ! Now when I clean the car I also treat them to a plastic cleaning treatment. Looks really nice when they're done !

Makes me laugh how someone (me) can get enjoyment from such a thing... am I alone/do I need help/is it OK as long as I keep it private ?

Over to you for your confession; remember you're amongst friends and this is a safe environment !
:nooo:

You are absolutly ok. You are certainly married with kids and the garage is the most quiet , peaceful , trouble free place to be !!! I am there at any opportunities.

Re: This was the anoying thing letting my car down, what's y

DaleD53 said:
When I was in the process of fitting my new bumper grills to my C4S (additional post to follow later) I found that the front inner wheel arches were horribly cracked. They looked rubbish and let the car down, but also if I "accidentally" found myself out in the rain; they would have let water in behind; this would have affected the cooling fans. I decided they had to go and therefore ordered a new set from OPC.

The secret to a nice easy fit is to take the wheel off; sounds obvious but I think the originals were cracked by someone trying to remove them with the wheels on.

There's something nice about having lovely clean inner wheel arches ! Now when I clean the car I also treat them to a plastic cleaning treatment. Looks really nice when they're done !

We need photographs

what is this cleaning process you speak of? :lol:
why won't you drive it in the rain on purpose?

Re: This was the anoying thing letting my car down, what's y

DaleD53 said:
Makes me laugh how someone (me) can get enjoyment from such a thing... am I alone/do I need help/is it OK as long as I keep it private ?

Over to you for your confession; remember you're amongst friends and this is a safe environment !

No you're not alone, I like nothing more than to spend a couple of hours cleaning my wheel arches, I normally take the wheels off so I can clean the inside of the rim, I clean the calipers then everything in the arch, and like you I try not to use my car in the rain.

I've had it four years and other than on a couple of holidays I've only got it wet a few times. I know to a lot of people this doesn't make sense but it is a second car that I only use on nice days, therefore it always feel special to use it. The underneath of my car is in very good condition and you can really see the difference compared to my other car which has seen 10 winters.

It may seem silly but it really does my soul good when I stand back and look at my 10 year old car that looks about 1 year old :roll:

Mac

My front drivers side wheel arch has white line paint on it as someone must have driven over one before the paint dried and ive tried everything to remove it but nothing works :nooo:

New wheel arch liner if that was me!

Man, I HATE stuff like that!

mixerman said:
My front drivers side wheel arch has white line paint on it as someone must have driven over one before the paint dried and ive tried everything to remove it but nothing works :nooo:

Pictures as requested

Before ... nasty !

Liner removed

Nice new liners on nice garage floor !

That's better :thumbs:

Take the screws off, a quick rub down push them into some cardboard and spray them satin black.
A bit like a Saville Row suit there with cheap shoes.
Self Confessed cleaning pervert, i have even repainted the undertray Torx screws :wink:

and you've got rusty nipples :floor:

Taking the discs off and power washing down the grooves gets most the rust out the holes and brings the up pretty good.

OK OK already .. Next time the wheels are off I will paint the screws :nooo:

You know it makes sense ! Guards red touch up for those rusty nips !

Rusty Nips......................shocking :roll: :roll: :roll:

Whatever next :)

Hi. I need at least 1 wheel arch liner - for the passenger side,but might need to do both side so they match! After this post I'm definitely going to get round to doing it! Can i ask the price from OPC?
John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back