Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 1 RS at JZM

anotherGT2

Mugello
Anybody know this car?

I realised over the weekend that I'm going to need to have owned an RS at some point and the 996 and gen 2 997 seem to have disappeared into the stratosphere.

Why is the gen 1 still quite 'reasonable'? Is it considered the worst of the bunch?

That's the one.

Based on the crazy increases in the GT3 range I've managed to get the OK on this, purely as an investment though, it won't be driven... honest :)

Do you guys predict a drop/correction on the GT3s? I can justify this if the long term view is an increase but any losses will be financially and physically painful for me :eek: :eek:

anotherGT2 said:
Do you guys predict a drop/correction on the GT3s? I can justify this if the long term view is an increase but any losses will be financially and physically painful for me :eek: :eek:

what you doing with your gt2?

PeterS said:
anotherGT2 said:

:grin:

kingston said:
what you doing with your gt2?

The GT2's staying put, irreplaceable car and not sure I could face selling it.

Also thinking about a 996 GT3 or a widebody 993. I can't buy anything until the end of November but the shopping should be interesting :D :D

shame your not selling the gt2 as thats one of the only cars that id sell mine to get into

I was laughing my you know whats off when the green one got bought for 100k but, someone bought it...at that time, a few months ago mid seventies was the norm. This is toppy at 92 but if you want one you want one. However, as an investment vehicle (pun intended) who the hell knows, it was only a year ago they were dropping every year, albeit slowly. The gen 1 RS is a gorgeous looking 911 thats for sure, moderate but desirable differences from the GT3 normal but the real differentiator is rarity and kerb appeal. I hope i am wrong but i think the boat has sailed on this one from an appreciation perspective, they may well not go down much from the current spot but the 25% leap up has already happened so you are too late...unless we are talking 10 years +

To own and enjoy then worth every penny but you have a GT2 already?

Nice!! - buy it before I do!

Go for a 993 :thumb:

Stuart said:
Sold! Gavin, you?

:thumb:

Nope :sad:

I'm not quite in the position to buy, will be a few months yet. Although I doubt there will be anything left by then :sad:

Why not get another 996 GT2, that ship is still set to sail if it's an investment purchase?

You have owned one previously so know what your getting, what is the upside on one of these long term compared to 997 GT3 RS taking buy price into account.

Just another potential option for you to consider as I know you were thinking about it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back