Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

engine bay light

I have just had a porsche inspection and my perfect car had 27 faults! Fortunately all minor such as wheel bolts have surface corrosion, a faulty number plate light .... I am working my way through them and one of them was engine bay light is not working. I have now replaced the bulb and it is working but I am pretty sure it hasn't gone off when the engine cover is closed.
Does anybody know where the signal to say the cover is closed comes from? I would guess its in the catch mechanism.

I have just gone out to check and the light has now gone off but it took a very longtime. Should it go off as soon as the cover is closed? Or is it on a delay?

Cheers

Graham

Mine stays on if the doors open and courtesy lights on and they take an age to go out unless you arm the alarm.

There is a delay with mine not sure the length but it takes a while

Engine bay light??! Didnt know there was one!
Where is it?

Under the deck lid by the fan:

EngineAfter.jpg

Control microswitch is in the latch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back