Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Look Wheels

Kiernan

Thought I'd post a few pictures of my freshly painted Sport Techno wheels. Since buying the car, I've always thought the wheels looked a bit too chunky and heavy, and I think a lot of that was down the everything being one colour. You also couldn't really see that they were diamond cut, so I decided on a change.

Whilst Porsche offer the choice of gloss black or matching the paintwork, neither appealed to me so as you can see, I went for a dark grey. I'd say it's pretty close to the colour of the Carrera Classic wheels and I have to say, I think they look fantastic. They still look 'factory' yet unique, which is exactly what I wanted.

Hopefully they'll be more durable than the original finish as the wheels were covered in stone chips. Only time will tell......

I think they look rather smart. :thumb:

i like. i will be doing some thing similar to my 997 gt3 wheels soon. thinking some yellow accents to compliment the calipers!!!! thoughts???

Looking good :thumb:

Look much better especially on Guards Red. The original colour (GT Silver) is too subtle and makes the wheels look heavy, and often they come in Black too which I think makes them too bling. Nice upgrade.

Colour choice really brings the Sports Techno wheel to life.

Superb looking against the guards red body colour. 8)

Very nice indeed! :thumb:

I'd like a set of 50th Anniversary wheels on mine - not sure if they can be bought aftermarket though. Anyone know?

weejimmy said:
Very nice indeed! :thumb:

I'd like a set of 50th Anniversary wheels on mine - not sure if they can be bought aftermarket though. Anyone know?

You must have had a peek at mine when I was in Buckingham for detailing!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back