Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sunday morning funny's

My friends brother-in-law has just spent thousands on his focus to make it - 'as fast as Alex's!'

He paid a lot more for the car and has spent bucket loads on it and he's still not happy. I'm just waiting for him now to start swapping body panels with 996 ones.

Cracks me up mate.
In our house we have
A highly modified mk1 focus Rs around 300bhp
The carrera 4s
And now just recently purchased an Rs500

So we love both just when people get stuck in their ways and don't like the facts, I love a wind up lol

Who is Alex lol

But on the flip side when i had my Supra there was nothing like destorying someone posing in a Porsche..... :hand:

Just a shame i am now one of them.. :oops:

each one to their own IMHO. and respect to all petrol heads no matter what their ride....

If any "ford" wanted to play, i would just wave them on, no matter what spec the RS might be, with over 650 bhp at the wheels, then why would i bother...took out a AM V12 Vantage the other day and he was well miffed...just a dot in my mirror????

two different cars, two different approaches, respect to all drivers and enjoy what you have

What a load of S**t my previous car was a Mitsubishi Evo 7 running 520bhp and it cost me a fortune to get it to this stage . 520bhp from a 2ltr engine YES and I was sick of it breaking something every time I went for a run :sad: these car are NOT meant to run this power. That's why I sold up and bought my Porsche 996tt which will outrun the evo and once passed 120 leaves evos ,rs focus and most cars stood These guys just dream and talk bhp figures in the pub lol. TBH the Porsche is Less expensive to run than the Evo.

=

=

The word 'posing' is such an 80s cliché and I've never understood the meaning of it. Does it mean you drive round slowly whilst admirers take photos with their iphones, or maybe you sit in the car whilst parked up with a stiff scarf on whilst Pablo Picasso puts paint to canvas.

Personally I just thought it was a word people used about other people when they were jealous about their possessions.

The latest term I hear off people is 'poncing' e.g. Whilst going down to my local Chinese to pick up a take-away gets fed back to me as 'I saw Alex the other day 'poncing' about in a Porsche.

I have owned the lot!, and I am an RS owners club member but honestly you need real power to pull very hard from 100mph plus speeds that my 996 turbo does and a hot hatch by its very nature and shape just cant do that..end of..

Am curious tho... one of the guys claims he has 315bhp.

Now given the focus weighs as much as a tin of tuna ... i do wonder how fast it would be side by side v a 4s?

I couldnt help myself :hand: had to go up and point out that a fair comparison would be 996 turbo :eh!: How can you compare a turbo car to an NA car? Its comparing a gun to a knife :D

Having owned fast fords for the best part of 14 years, and now owning a 996 turbo, I have no snobbery either way.

It's good fun having a run against something different, and to the not so clued up Porsche owner, getting left standing by an old F plate Sierra or suchlike must be quite a shock :grin:

I'm sure lots of people on here have "graduated" from cars like Cossies, Evos, etc etc, they are epic cars and very capable, the Porsche just takes it to the next level, at the end of the day most of us are just petrol heads :thumb:

Its,always interesting to rread other forums, i used to have and evo v with 360bhp and it was fast. But you could use all of the 360bhp on the road, with my 996TT over the same stretch of tarmac its hard to use all the performance. It just goes so much faster and keeps going.

I have had lods of 300bhp + hot hatches and they can be fun , but there is always a compromise somewhere . Normaly traction.

Jonathon555 said:
Its,always interesting to rread other forums, i used to have and evo v with 360bhp and it was fast. But you could use all of the 360bhp on the road, with my 996TT over the same stretch of tarmac its hard to use all the performance. It just goes so much faster and keeps going.

I have had lods of 300bhp + hot hatches and they can be fun , but there is always a compromise somewhere . Normaly traction.

I was wondering how well a 300hp focus would handle compared to 4s?

alex yates said:
The word 'posing' is such an 80s cliché and I've never understood the meaning of it. Does it mean you drive round slowly whilst admirers take photos with their iphones, or maybe you sit in the car whilst parked up with a stiff scarf on whilst Pablo Picasso puts paint to canvas.

Personally I just thought it was a word people used about other people when they were jealous about their possessions.

The latest term I hear off people is 'poncing' e.g. Whilst going down to my local Chinese to pick up a take-away gets fed back to me as 'I saw Alex the other day 'poncing' about in a Porsche.

Why would i be jealous? I have a 996 Turbo now. :D

My point was i came across a few middle aged balding men in there Porsches that thought just because it had a badge on the bonnet it was the fastest thing on the road.....

There's ALWAYS something faster. :roll:

There's a nice video of a Golf mashing a 996 Turbo and a Supra on youtube just to highlight the fact lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42Grc2gqo0I

Slutters said:
alex yates said:

Why would i be jealous? I have a 996 Turbo now. :D

My point was i came across a few middle aged balding men in there Porsches that thought just because it had a badge on the bonnet it was the fastest thing on the road.....

There's ALWAYS something faster. :roll:

There's a nice video of a Golf mashing a 996 Turbo and a Supra on youtube just to highlight the fact lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42Grc2gqo0I

Yeah but goes back to the same argument dude guess which one of the cars was prob stock ? I still say point to point my turbo is or was when it was more stock faster than any supra you can find :dont know: when it was only 500hp it posted better Vbox times than a 650 supra on the same road the only time the supra gained was after 120 mph !!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back