Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Group Buy, Zunsport for 911 Front Grills Protection

GTRnick

Monza
I spoke with Zunsport a few weeks ago and Pete the director kindly sent me a set in black to test out. :thumb:

I decided to fit them as I have replaced the centre rad 3 times in 5 years :frustrated: and thought I am not going to do this again for quite some time I hope lol so this time I fitted some protection.

All I can say is they look very well made and come well packaged.

Fitment didn't take too long either and majority of people could fit the grills if I can. :grin:

Here's some pics.

Before.

After.

I had a zunsport set on my 997 c2s in black and they were great, barely noticeable and easy to fit.

I think the silver/stainless steel turbo ones look awful but I may be convinced to put some black ones on my turbo now after seeing these.

Was there any drilling needed or are they simply click in?

I just had all the rads changed under warranty so I'd like to protect them for a while, do you reckon the OPC will complain come warranty renewal time ?

Russ

slackster said:
I had a zunsport set on my 997 c2s in black and they were great, barely noticeable and easy to fit.

I think the silver/stainless steel turbo ones look awful but I may be convinced to put some black ones on my turbo now after seeing these.

Was there any drilling needed or are they simply click in?

I just had all the rads changed under warranty so I'd like to protect them for a while, do you reckon the OPC will complain come warranty renewal time ?

Russ

In regards to warranty it would depend on how friendly your dealer is.

Here's a vid on how they are made and fit.

http://youtu.be/X3_sXA7zyBk

Really torn between the simplicity of the zunsport vs the job of dropping the bumper off and fitting the mesh but I think the behind the bumper might look ultimately better Although my car is black and therefore the zunsport should blend well.

jonboy said:
Really torn between the simplicity of the zunsport vs the job of dropping the bumper off and fitting the mesh but I think the behind the bumper might look ultimately better Although my car is black and therefore the zunsport should blend well.

Well all I can say is the grills look a lot better than I thought it would.

I can hook up a group buy if enough people are interested and it can be for any model.

GTRNICK said:
jonboy said:

Well all I can say is the grills look a lot better than I thought it would.

I can hook up a group buy if enough people are interested and it can be for any model.

Yes, I'd def be on for this; I'll hold off pushing the button at EBay.

I would be interested too in a group buy. I pick up my turbo next weekend and a full set of black grilles was going to be my first purchase.

Okay guys I'll have a word with Zunsport this week and sort something out.

GTRNICK said:

Thanks for this. At some stage they'll need to know I'm in need of a kit for a 2002 (facelift) Carrera and black mesh rather than shiny. :thumb:

tikkathree said:
GTRNICK said:

Thanks for this. At some stage they'll need to know I'm in need of a kit for a 2002 (facelift) Carrera and black mesh rather than shiny. :thumb:

If they do it already then we can add that to the group buy for yah :wink:

do these fit over the standard grills?

I have the aluminium look grills on my turbo but I would be interested in the group buy also if they fit without having to take the bumper or the original grills off.

symoonbeam said:

I have the aluminium look grills on my turbo but I would be interested in the group buy also if they fit without having to take the bumper or the original grills off.

Yes they fit over the air guides and you don't have to take the bumper off.

Here's a little vid.

GTRNICK said:
symoonbeam said:

Here's a little vid.

Perfect - if you organise a group buy, please put me down for a black set. :thumb:

symoonbeam said:
GTRNICK said:
symoonbeam said:

Here's a little vid.

Perfect - if you organise a group buy, please put me down for a black set. :thumb:

I'm awaiting prices for the group buy.

Lets start a list. Please put your name down if interested.

1.symoonbeam

GTRNICK said:
symoonbeam said:
GTRNICK said:
symoonbeam said:

Here's a little vid.

I'm awaiting prices for the group buy.

Lets start a list. Please put your name down if interested.

1.symoonbeam
2.tikkathree

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back