Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ferrari 458 Speciale Vs GT2RS drag race!

Not surprised at that result. I've driven a 458 Spyder and to be honest without ringing its neck out I didn't find it as quick as my stock 997 turbo. What a noise though!

The extra torque from those blowers will always give the porker a winning edge over the fezza - would quite happily have both in my garage :worship:

Noticed the yellow strip on the RS wheel, very nice.

Impressed with the result.

IMI A said:
Not surprised at that result. I've driven a 458 Spyder and to be honest without ringing its neck out I didn't find it as quick as my stock 997 turbo. What a noise though!

That was the Speciale though, which has more grunt. And couple that with auto box and I was expecting a Ferrari win.

I came up against a german 458 speciale at spa a couple of weeks ago, we had 4 laps together and I have to admit I struggled to live with him and gave up in the end as I was getting a bit ragged.
Don't know what tyres he was on but I was on cups.
I was very impressed I must say

the rainge said:
I came up against a german 458 speciale at spa a couple of weeks ago, we had 4 laps together and I have to admit I struggled to live with him and gave up in the end as I was getting a bit ragged.
Don't know what tyres he was on but I was on cups.
I was very impressed I must say

What were you driving?

Great to see the manual 2RS ruling the roost !!! :grin:

maybe not a "rs" version but a "GT2-PDK" for sure. I mean why not? :D

917lemans said:

Something to do with the rear wheel steering on the turbo causing issues with a rear wheel drive only GT2.

isysman said:
917lemans said:

Something to do with the rear wheel steering on the turbo causing issues with a rear wheel drive only GT2.

There probably will be a "GT2", but there is a question mark over whether it will still be 2WD or if it will evolve into a Turbo S with added carbon bits, saucier aero and more rubber... Just as the 991 GT3 lost it's manual gearbox, hydraulic power steering and racing derived engine, the GT2 could very easily gain 4wd... :?:

Disco said:
isysman said:
917lemans said:

There probably will be a "GT2", but there is a question mark over whether it will still be 2WD or if it will evolve into a Turbo S with added carbon bits, saucier aero and more rubber... Just as the 991 GT3 lost it's manual gearbox, hydraulic power steering and racing derived engine, the GT2 could very easily gain 4wd... :?:

Agreed. My guess is that if they continue the model they'll use the GT2 badge on what would be better described as a Turbo S RS.

If we don't hear anything about the GT2 before the 991 facelift then my guess is that it'll probably skip the 991 generation, when everything's turbo charged in the 992 range maybe it'll come back!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back