Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Triple qx oil porsche approved ????

Jonathon555

Suzuka
Does anyone know who makes the eurocar parts Triple QX oil ?

It says its Porsche a40 approved, but it does not appear on the Porsche approved oil list.

Is it an oil that is on the list and just rebranded ?

It says on the label Triple QX: "meets the requirements of Porsche A40"

Which I think means they have looked at the spec and think it meets it. NOT that Porsche has certified it, hence its not on Porsche's list.

Mobil 1 is worded as having "Porsche A40 builder approval" which means Porsche themselves have tried it out somewhat.

I can't think of a good reason not to use it but my experience with cheap gearbox oil (a very different animal) tells me that not all oils are equal even when they say they are the same spec.

Following recommendation in my 996 I use Castrol magnatec 10w40 semi (changed frequently) that does not say Porsche A40 anywhere on it, make of that what you will!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back