Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Size dose matter! mirrors.

Ron98

Hi all, sold my TVR T350 1835mm And looking for a 997 one problem my drive!

The mighty net is saying the car is 1852mm or 1808 for a non S car? That sound right?

Is it just the 3.6 cars that are thinner? 1808mm
and C2s, C4, C4s, turbo that are wide bodyed? At 1852mm?

top of my drive is 2013mm but the pinch point is a step and draines down the side leaving 2003mm. The maths add up but my eyes telling me different. Any 997 in the lancaster area?

Any way do the mirrors fold in manually?

Ron98 said:
Any way do the mirrors fold in manually?

Yes. I am not aware that this is an electronic feature on the 997/996 model.

I did a bit of research before buying ours for the a similar reason - would it fit the garage.

I believe the 1808 is width with mirrors folded (manual), 1852mm mirrors out.

The car body width is only wider on the C4 and that is at the rear arches and they must be very close to the 1852mm at the rear, ie. virtually wing mirrors out width, and mirror out width is the same on C2 and C4.

So if its a C2 variant its going to be body width of 1808, engine size and S or non S don't affect it, its the 4 wheel drives that are wider.

The good news is I have a C2S Gen 2 ( I think Gen 1's are same size) and my garage aperture is about 2003mm like your drive and it fits - scary reversing up to it as it looks too small until you get there!! Body goes through easily, have to be careful with mirrors and if slightly off I have to hold in the drivers one. I'm glad I'm not trying to get a C4 in there - it would fit, but I could see 1 day...... :sad:

Hope this helps, and no doubt a C4 owner will confirm the rear width.

You'll be fine. I have to lower the driver's window and manually fold my mirror in a bit every time I put it in or take it out of the garage. Do it automatically now.

Wow, do people still actually put cars in garages?! Whodathunkit!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back