Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Metallic rattle from rear NS wheel arch...

Jcx

Estoril
Yesterday i noticed a metallic rattle from rear NS wheel arch. I recorded a sound and sent it to my indy (Dove House). They declined (?!) to diagnose based on to sound file (reasonable) and invited me to swing by if i was happy to drive it. The alternative; "Ill come to your home if you prefer not to drive it." Said the service manager. Above and beyond i replied.

Today i made time to nip over. On arrival i found the service manager and his chief porsche tech and they both pressed their ears to my NS wheel arch. Next it was up on the ramp and the problem was diagnosed. The exhaust heat shield had come lose from 2 of its mountings due to metal fatigue.

30 minutes later and a bit of welding and i was on my way. Car was fixed. Rattle was gone. And i was on time to collect my little lass from school. Later in the afternoon i got a call from the office with the cost. £39 incl. VAT. Card number quoted and payment was made.

I could not have been better looked after. My problem was diagnosed and fixed there and then. And i was charged a fair fee without any Porsche tax. No wonder i tell everyone who will listen to try Dove House Motors too. No wonder those who do go on to try Dove House thereafter go on to tell their friends... And so on.

Dove House Motors you rock!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back