Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 911 (997) Carrera 2S - Tiptronic Paddles

Very nice. I'd like to do this.
So are you intending to market them or provide a detailed list of parts, suppliers, and a 'how to do' guide?

Parts are readily available on eBay (paddles, soldering iron).

Every company I contacted in the UK said it wasn't possible to do on the 997 Tiptronic. Wiring schematic is completely different - there are resistors on the circuit board which the 996 didn't have. Signal leaving the buttons are complicated.

If you want a link to the paddles I'll check my buying list on eBay, let me know. They are Jaguar/Land Rover paddle shifters. I wont be writing a 'how to' guide, because I couldn't print anything from PIWIS. The diagrams are part of the software. Without the tool I can't get the images up unfortunately. I only have Porsche Durametric cable, which I used to reset the airbag light.

Send us a message if you want a link to the paddles. Its just a switch. Top right switch is connected to Right Paddle. Bottom left switch is connected to Left Paddle. :)

Gute Fahrt!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back