Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Retro fitting a CD changer to a 996 (AKA what have i missed)

Andyvvc

Nurburgring
I've managed to source a working CDC-3 changer unit, cartridge and mount for a little under £100. My car has the later PCM2.0 system with BOSE amp. So i *think* I'm almost at the stage where i can connect the changer to my car.

However, there may be more i need :roll:

My car hasn't ever had a changer, so i think it will need the ECU to be 'told' that a changer has been plugged in (simple OPC/Indy thing?). I also think an 'optical waveguide' cable might be needed from an OPC?

Has anyone ever retro-fitted a changer unit to a 996? Is there much else i need?

*If* i get it working, that gives me scope to try the later Becker 7860 'Silverstone' changer unit (although im not certain what that offers over the CDC-3 - MP3 CD playback?)

Any comments from people who have retro-fitted a changer appreciated. Do the 997 lot ever retro fit stuff like this? :dont know:

Ta

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back