Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake Caliper re-paint

NickHappy

Montreal
I've started to crack on getting my new turbo tip top, the wheels are going to go in for a refurb so whilst they are off it would be best to give the calipers a re paint as they look in pants condition!!

Anybody know of someone in the Sussex/Surrey area who would do a good job, also are they easy to remove as a DIY? I'm just concerned about keeping the fluid in. Can't seem to find a guide online. Any tips are most welcome.

Cheers :thumb:

Hi

They're not to hard to remove, just undo the two 17mm (?) retaining nuts on the backs, disconnect the brake pad sensors on the struts and undo the hydraulic feed line. I'd use the opportunity to chance the fluid and then refill and bleed the system accordingly.

I'm based in Surrey on the W.Sussex boarder and could handle repainting these at the same time as doing my own c4s calipers. Pm me if you want to discuss further.

Rgs

You would be better off getting them re-powder coated over a painted finish

There are loads of places that can do this for you at a sensible price

You should use new caliper bolts when you put them back on
as the bolts should be tightened to the correct torque setting.
85Nm or 63ftlbs.

tbrown said:
You should use new caliper bolts when you put them back on
as the bolts should be tightened to the correct torque setting.
85Nm or 63ftlbs.

Good point, best practice, but ensure the bolts are from OPC. There's a lot of cheap, and when fitted to brakes, unsafe metal on the market. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back