Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Shock , horror!

Endoman

Albert Park
Check out this from Rennlist:-
http://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/834145-993-4s-rust-on-the-floor.html

80-dsc02169_44c2f659e58b942ce8f4530ec7afbacae7e9580a.jpg

Ergh! :eek:

There may be one or two from the Somerset levels looking like that in the future I would imagine, resulting from the appalling floods that were suffered earlier this year. Hopefully any vehicles involved would have swiftly had their carpets removed and dried through thoroughly etc.

More likely on the passenger side. :grin:

When I was looking for a 993 one of the annoying things was the stupid polystyrene sound deadening that was glued to the floors underneath the carpets.
Most of the time it was pretty shoddy and if you really wanted to check the condition of the floors underneath you had to destroy it to get it out which meant buying new stuff at about £100 a side.
Also being polystyrene it seemed the ideal material to absorb and hold on to any water that actually got under there.
The car in the picture is a left hooker. Are they fitted with the same horrible polystyrene stuff? Doesn't look like it, or the majority would still be stuck to the floor.
What ever happened to good old felt that you could take out and dry in the sun if there was any water ingress?
Anybody ever removed this stuff to actually check the floors?

Polystyrene wouldn't actually absorb the water but I guess it could get trapped underneath.

Yes and as you say it totally disintegrated. The only corrosion was in the rear n/s foot well where most of the water had collected unfortunately it had got into the immobiliser and ruined it, which is why I had to look. Luckily the ECU was ok. Replacing the immobiliser was pretty tedious. The replacement drivers side padding was not made out of the same material, it was mainly the spongey stuff rather that the polyurethane.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back