Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

did they get you too? pesky Apple...

tim993

Zandvoort
...until now I was the proud owner of not one single U2 album. That is until, those fellas in Cupertino decided to force one on me. The clever little geeks even forced one onto my Mrs' iPhone and my iPad. Now i've got to do some deleting to make some space for music.

:x :x :x :x

I don't like Apple, once you have bought something from them, they act like they still own it - and that they now own you too!

I only have an Ipod, because I bought one years ago and compressed all my music into itunes media they now own me unless I start again from scratch. Oh, and each time I sync they delete all my live bootleg albums as they look into and decide what can be on my Ipod and remove what they don't like, then I unplug from their software, convince myself it's my ipod still, and add them back on again.

Plus, everyone at work with one of their phones seems to either have a cracked screen or has cracked one in the past - how insulting is that? We live in a world of watch crystals so hard they are like a diamond, ceramics so tough they are tougher than steel, yet you pay through the nose for some 'drop once and break' hook a duck stall quality tat???

And that new watch? The one with all the features and sat nav etc??? Great! Except it needs to be paired to a phone to work, so it has no features at all really does it? You need another of their products to run it. Another example of 'we own you now', bet it breaks easy too.
:?

Utter kack.

U2?... I know they must be good because everyone bangs on about them..don't get it myself! :dont know:

with 4 iPhones and 2 iPads in this house, we now have 6 unwanted copies of their album :x

You know, I'm not on Facebook, Twitter, I don't own or use a diary or calendar, and if someone asks me something I can answer them without looking at my phone...

But on the occasion I do pull my old hat Blackberry out of my pocket, I feel an immense sense of pride in myself in the fact people can see I don't have a chuffing Iphone.
:thumbs:

Saying that, this upgrade, as I don't need a new phone, I might choose an Iphone just to Ebay it and wash my hands afterwards.
:grin:

clarkycat said:
I'm not on Facebook, Twitter, I don't own or use a diary or calendar.... pull my old hat Blackberry out of my pocket

I'd stick with the messenger pigeon, you don't want one of those iPhone things with it's flashy free satnav apps. After all, who needs live updated speed camera databases & traffic awareness in a 911 lol ;-)

BTW, my dad (79) uses an iPad air and has a Facebook account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back