Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Great value 03 996 turbo!

Seems a good price , almost underpriced.

Not so keen on the seat swap though, would have preffered to see the originals in there

But thumbs up for 6 pots

That is my old car, changed it as the kids are getting bigger so a Cayenne was the sensible swap... Am happy to answer any questions on it, I had just completed a 1700 mile trip to the top of Scotland and back. A great car that will be missed! :(

Oh and after being in my dads Boxster sports seats I had to replace the original comfort seats as the 997 hardbacks are so much more comfortable! I can understand that some people are looking for originality but my back wasn't convinced ;)

Dare we ask what u got for it trade in?? :)

"Seems a good price , almost underpriced"

How things have moved on! A year or so back a 996 Turbo at anything over £26k attracted suspicion and questions around being over-priced!

£27,995 is a good price for a manual car with 51k miles.

I'd still be inclined to have an independent inspection. But that's just my forensic approach.

ursicles said:
Dare we ask what u got for it trade in?? :)

You can ask... Let's just say I saw minimal depreciation and Portiacraft had the right car I wanted to swap to. :) I am sure I could have got more for it selling privately but with ridiculous work schedules and family pressures etc it was a good move.

I will say I have never owned such a reliable car with this level of performance though! Major items I replaced were both wastegate actuators earlier this year after the nearside actuator rod snapped and all coffin arms and front top mounts last year. Other than that it was standard servicing or upgrades (6 pot brakes, seats etc) by either RPM Technik or Jaz.

A sensible and diplomatic answer. The reality is that what you got is what enabled you to make the change at a price that was acceptable to you for the "cost of change."

We all know mark ups in this game and can guess to within £1k what they took your car in for sale now at a smidgen short of £28k. But that is meaningless - he has to make a profit and in my view, the dealer holds all the cards.

Enjoy your new steed - the Cayenne. Not into these sorts of vehicles, but for some it fits the bill.

I put a deposit down on this car at the weekend, subject to an inspection at Jaz.

Will be my first Porsche and I can't wait, have wanted one of these since sitting in one at the motor show

rmaurer - the car seemed in great condition, with excellent history. Glad it was a reliable car, was there anything on the car I should be aware of.

martinpw said:
I put a deposit down on this car at the weekend, subject to an inspection at Jaz.

Will be my first Porsche and I can't wait, have wanted one of these since sitting in one at the motor show

rmaurer - the car seemed in great condition, with excellent history. Glad it was a reliable car, was there anything on the car I should be aware of.

Hi Martin, Jaz know the car well as they have done the last couple of services. As mentioned above I only ever had a couple of issues (wastegate actuators and coffin arm bushes) which I had quickly rectified. I was genuinely sad to see it go. All I can say is enjoy it! Good to know it is going to another enthusiast on here. :thumb:

Thanks for the reply. It's also good to know the car came from an enthusiast as well.

If all's well and good, I plan on keeping the car for a while and keeping it in tip top condition so the car will be well looked after :thumb:

Enjoy your Cayenne!

rmaurer said:
6 pot brakes

I'm interested in this for my car and wondered where you got it done, would you recommend it, what was the cost, anything else it'd be good to know? If you do t mind me asking! :thumbs:

New996buyer said:
rmaurer said:
6 pot brakes

I'm interested in this for my car and wondered where you got it done, would you recommend it, what was the cost, anything else it'd be good to know? If you do t mind me asking! :thumbs:

One of two places as mentioned above RPM Technik OR Jaz

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back