Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Refresh or keep original?

911 C2S

Monza
I've had my 997 a year now and resisted the temptation to do any modifications, save a magnetic sump plug.

I'm tempted to do a couple of sympathetic cosmetic mods but wonder whether I'm actually better retaining the originality of the car instead?

I'm thinking of DRLs and painting the wheels (black with silver rim per the GTS).

Welcome opinion and pictures to help sway my decision

I am personally all in favour of small and sutbule modifications.

It will however potentially limit your market when selling if you go ott

Andy_Ran said:
It will however potentially limit your market when selling if you go ott

nope, will only every be very subtle and in keeping with original (albeit more modern) specifications

It's yours - do as you wish.
Go for it !
(But subtle is always good)

No issue with DRLs, easily reversible so long as you keep the originals.

Very tempted to get my Sport Designs redone in black with silver rim too!

Funnily enough when I traded in my last car (Elise) for the 997 the (Lotus) dealer wanted the car with the (non-std) black rims rather than the (original) silver rims (I ran 2 sets)

Wheels to black

I got my wheels refurbed by Chris at Exel Wheels, brilliant job and it absolutely changes 'character' of car. The centres are OPC supplied and finish it off nicely!

Attachments

• dscn8381_542.jpg
    dscn8381_542.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 2,401
I have some two tone Sport Designs, and DRL/Dectane rear lights. Lifted the car IMO and looks a lot fresher. It's all easily reversible too.

Silver 997s with black sport designs w/silver rim combined with declines are absolutely superb, takes years off :thumb: I've got dectanes all round, very happy with them, but my car is slate grey haven't been brave enough to go for black wheels. I have Carrera classics, can't see how a silver rim would work :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stoker
Back