Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking for that exceptional 993 . . .

HPNer

Imola
I have a very acceptable 993 which is brilliant, my sixth 911 since my first in the mid seventies, all the right stuff has been done, M033s, Bilsteins, scuttle, MPL slave, proper service history etc etc . . the condition is great . . . and it drives beautifully, its my daily driver (my only means of transport apart from my three bikes) and does 110 hard driven miles most working days (95k now on the clock).
But, I'm looking for an exceptional 993 that has been totally pampered from new, prepared to pay over the odds for the right car, mileage isn't the issue but condition, colour combo's (quite like red interior but with black sw) and a really exceptional original spec is . . . Has to be NB, RHD, manual, coupe (pref varioram) C2 or C4, not interested in WB (never seen the point), tip, targa, turbo or cab.
I'm looking at a couple and thought I'd found one, but is there such a car out there . . .? Judging by the responses to Hot66's post earlier, I'm not going to hold my breath! With all cars now around 18-20 years old will they have had money and love thrown at them when needed (its not the car for a skinflint) and if so are they prepared to let it go . . .
I wish they still made the damn things. :sad:

I have a very acceptable 993 which is brilliant, my sixth 911 since my first in the mid seventies, all the right stuff has been done, M033s, Bilsteins, scuttle, MPL slave, proper service history etc etc . . the condition is great . . . and it drives beautifully

...... just a tad confused by your post and need for the question asked after reading your first "paragraph" ...... :dont know:

madalaa said:
I have a very acceptable 993 which is brilliant, my sixth 911 since my first in the mid seventies, all the right stuff has been done, M033s, Bilsteins, scuttle, MPL slave, proper service history etc etc . . the condition is great . . . and it drives beautifully

...... just a tad confused by your post and need for the question asked after reading your first "paragraph" ...... :dont know:

It seems to me that the man is fortunate enough to be able to afford two 993's one for work, and one for play.
I've not met him, but I hate him already.. :D

Madalaa, I can understand your confusion, but I, like, I suspect, many here, have a degree of OCD when it comes to 911's. Its not that the grass is greener, I just want what I cannot have. a brand spanking new 993 to my own spec . . . Just want one as close to that as possible . .
Ideally I'd have a late spec C2 NB manual coupe varioram in slate grey, flamenco extended leather (black steering wheel obvs), hardbacks, M033s and Ohlins, decent Becker, a/c etc etc, that's just rolled out of the showroom that I can treasure in my declining years.
Now, over the years that the 993 was built there were a few that were built to that spec or close to it . . . so that's what I'm looking for. Until such time as I find one or indeed if I can't find one I shall continue to blat about in my '94 993.
Hope that clarifies . . . :thumb:

Citori said:
madalaa said:

It seems to me that the man is fortunate enough to be able to afford two 993's one for work, and one for play.
I've not met him, but I hate him already.. :D

Don't mind being disliked . . . goes with the OCD nicely.
I couldnt bear the thought of driving some white goods whilst I have a 993 sitting at home. 8) So two it is . . .

Highway has one for sale (I think).

Stirlings have an Aventura.

Porsche Byfleet have a silver one.

Put a call into JZM - they've probably got loads.

Have £40 - 50k at the ready.

Thanks Kimbo, I'm aware of the ones you mention (as well as the usual ph suspects), just thought my post may have teased out someone who was contemplating selling the right car at a good price without too much hassle . . .

Buying from here is one of the best ways to find a decent car but it will be hard to prise them away from their owners, but...Money Talks.

Your current 993 if it's anything like mine is worth up to £35,000.

Throw a price out there - what are you willing to pay for your Holy Grail.

You might get a bite.

Kimbo said:
Your current 993 if it's anything like mine is worth up to £35,000.
:floor:
You do realise that mine's only 5K miles away from being worthless!
Its a great car, certainly, but I wouldn't value it at £35k. If I did, it would not sell at that price!
Its about to have 4 new N2 Conti's and booked in to sort out the airbag light and a new handbrake cable.
Mechanically, its all pretty sorted, new coils, distributors rotor arms etc. suspension is as good as it gets, better than any previous 911 of mine by a long way, discs and pads great, a/c functions as it should as do all the electricals and HIDs.
Cosmetically, Braunton did the glass out scuttle job and top respray etc (perfect job, by the way), they also installed the MPL clutch slave (which I would install in any new 993), there is no other corrosion worth talking about.
My indy, Chris Denning, who is very respected in these parts reckons its a very good honest car; and that's why its my daily driver. It does get driven hard, and it is racking up mileage
It's a '94 model, so the interior isn't quite as nice as the later 96/97MY cars, even though mine has sports seats and I'm not really a fan of the grey interior, esp as its only part leather as was standard (grey vinyl is pretty grim on the seat backs and rear seats).
I shall keep searching away, the right car is out there.

No need to laugh, you haven't been keeping up with the prices. Yours will be less than that as it's pre-varioram, but could be around £30k if it's fully sorted.

So what are you willing to pay for the one you're looking for?

40? 50?

Kimbo said:
No need to laugh, you haven't been keeping up with the prices.

:hand: Yes he does.

I have to say for all the 'dreamers' out there who value their car in the stratosphere this potential 'buyer' must be like a gift from heaven. :grin:

I will say (as I like to) its all about condition not mileage. I recall a few years back looking at a silver 993TT in silver with IIRC 29k on the clock. It was shoite - scuttle had gone and original paint, well looked original (dull). Nobody listens as the first thing buyers do is look at the odometer :roll:

He's from Wales. Cars are ten grand cheaper down there.

Re pricing, I can only go on what I've been offered enough times for my manual coupe this year. Maybe I've been lucky.

Maybe people just love blue interiors.

'Fraid I have to agree with Zingari, mileage means nothing if it hasn't been treated well. Condition is king on a twenty year old car. In fact, I'm not so sure I'd be that keen on a car that old that had only turned 30 or so k. They are designed to move; all sorts of gremlins tend to appear if they don't .
As it turns out, I may be closer to securing my vehicle of choice than when I started this thread....
I'll let you know if and when the deal's done... :thumb:

Kimbo said:
Highway has one for sale (I think).

Stirlings have an Aventura.

Porsche Byfleet have a silver one.

Put a call into JZM - they've probably got loads.

Have £40 - 50k at the ready.

Oh sorry OP ......... you want TWO 993s!! ....... well that's just plain friggen greedy ....... there are other people out there who are also wanting a 993 so that is So inconsiderate ....... ;)

p.s. Don't forget Hendon Motors they always have a good stock of 993s....... :)

I would recomend you call Williams Crawford (Cornwall). I bought from them (C4S) amd they were excellent. They always have a nice selection of cars for sale but more importantly, they have an extensive network of contacts including current owners of cars. Most of the cars they source never even get advertised. Got to be worth a try if you are serious about finding something special :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back