Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bird droppings...

dickdasterdly

Silverstone
This won't win the best thread of all time award but I'll continue. Arrived home tonight in my now six week old black 4s only to find a small bit of bird dropping just under the name badge on the back, did'nt think much of it but decided to get rid and it's left a small stain. An annoying stain. Is there anything on the market that takes it away? Or is it a case that every time a bird shites on the car I'll be left with a permanent little remainder?!? :wtf:

the stain will only be in the lacquer coat and should buff out with a little cutting polish. finish off with a decent less abrasive polish and wax and jobs a guddun (hopefully)

Have Gtechniq C1 and EXO v2 on my car.

Also have several families of birds near my garage. Direct hits all the time!! :sad: :sad:

A little water and the bird poo literally floats off. No marking of any sort. Can't recommend the Gtechniq hard shell protective coating enough - imperious to the worst that the birdies can dive bomb!!!! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the advice fella's.
Went for the swisswax finish on mine as the guy was based not far from the opc, was hoping that the finish would offer a similar protection to the gtech one, obviously not :x
It cost me £350 & I think the gtech resin thingymejig is about £650, obviously worth the extra & something I might go for in the new year..

All in the protection indeed, I paid about £800 for mine which supposedly protects for about 24 hours in the sun of bird droppings.

Forget the poop, where are the pics and the write up???? 6 weeks!!!! :dont know:

I used Gtech products on mine and did myself as its not difficult and kit costs £90

Had a seagull crap on my car, could only have been on the car for 4 hours tops before I cleaned it off, have had Gtechniq on my car for 4 monist but it still left 2 20p size marks on the paint.

Only way to prevent damage is to get it off ASAP. Talking minutes here not hours.

The damage actually results from cooling paint lacquer which contracts and hardens around the crap. When paint lacquer warms – in sunlight, for instance – it softens and expands. At the same time, the heat dries and hardens any bird droppings on the surface. But as the paint lacquer cools again, such as overnight, it contracts, hardens and moulds itself around the texture of the bird crap.

weejimmy said:
Forget the poop, where are the pics and the write up???? 6 weeks!!!! :dont know:

+1 on this issue,
Did you pick it up from the dealer ? If so was this a pleasant experience.

Hopefully getting mine this week ..... But I said that last week .....

I always carry a bottle of Quick Detailer.
A quick spray on, dwell and then pat lightly.
You'll find it comes off easily.
Essence is attending to it as soon as possible otherwise the dropping will etch into the clearcoat.
:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back