Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ipod interface adaptor PCM 1

Remote

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi all,

I'm being a bit lazy here, im sure there are threads somewhere about this already but if anybody has any experience with these can they give me a quick response whether this kit is worth it or not.

I don't want to change the PCM 1 as I want to keep the interior OEM. I do however want to be able to play my music through my phone / Ipod.

Is there any other options out there, as this is quite expensive if it is just a couple of wires.

Many thanks,

Mark

http://www.design911.com/Ipod-Interface-adaptor-for-Porsche-Models-with-PCM1/prod125946/

Remote said:
Hi all,

I'm being a bit lazy here, im sure there are threads somewhere about this already but if anybody has any experience with these can they give me a quick response whether this kit is worth it or not.

I don't want to change the PCM 1 as I want to keep the interior OEM. I do however want to be able to play my music through my phone / Ipod.

Is there any other options out there, as this is quite expensive if it is just a couple of wires.

Many thanks,

Mark

http://www.design911.com/Ipod-Interface-adaptor-for-Porsche-Models-with-PCM1/prod125946/

I have just bought one off ebay Loudlink , it just plugs in place of my cd changer and connects to my iphone via bluetooth.

£110 delivered , takes 2 mins to fit. Also has sd card input 16gb

Also works handsfree during calls, sound quality is good

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-P...7?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3ce7260297

Can you give any more details about the loudlink?

Does it lose connection?
Sound quality?
Reliability?

Thanks

Jacko9370 said:
Can you give any more details about the loudlink?

Does it lose connection?
Sound quality?
Reliability?

Thanks

It only got delivered yesterday , sound quality is good , connection seems good.

Thats about all i can report

Hey Jonathon555, interested to hear how you're getting on with the loudlink after a few more days of living with it. Still happy with the sound quality?
Also, when using for handsfree calls, i presume you're still using the mic on your phone? how well does that work?
thanks!!

thomj42 said:
Hey Jonathon555, interested to hear how you're getting on with the loudlink after a few more days of living with it. Still happy with the sound quality?
Also, when using for handsfree calls, i presume you're still using the mic on your phone? how well does that work?
thanks!!

It comes with a mic, but you could use the existing car mic if you wanted.

Here is a demo video at the bottom of the page

http://loudlink.eu/webshop/bluetoot...layer-for-porsche-boxster-911-pcm1-p-145.html

ah nice one, thanks 8)
I might pick one of these up then. I take it running the cables isn't too tricky in the 911? did you have to run a 12V feed off the battery to power the thing?

thomj42 said:
ah nice one, thanks 8)
I might pick one of these up then. I take it running the cables isn't too tricky in the 911? did you have to run a 12V feed off the battery to power the thing?

No cables to run, just plugs into your existing cd changer cable.

Thats it

Jonathon555 said:
thomj42 said:
ah nice one, thanks 8)

No cables to run, just plugs into your existing cd changer cable.

Thats it

Fantastic! I've just ordered one, should have it by the end of the week :)

I've got one of those for the other car, but the sound quality is pretty awful. Still, certainly a nice cheap solution, and no messing about! I've even used it for phone calls and it's worked perfectly.
Wouldn't be my "long term" preference though :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back