Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bose sat nav head unit replacement

Muzz

Trainee
Sorry to cover old ground, but could some one point me in the direction of a thread about replacement of the PCM1 system with bose. I remember reading a thread containing a link to the correct leads so an aftermarket head unit would power the bose amps and with the part number for the correct storage tray to replace the DVD drive. I might be being thick but i find the forum search never returns any useful results. Thanks

Being a tight fisted Scot this was my solution.

http://www.johnlewis.com/ion-bluetooth-cassette-adapter/p1375109

That, 20 mins with a weird pentalope or some such screw driver removing (and carefully storing) the old phone, some double sided 3M tape and a halfords iPhone mount. Job done.

I'll find some threads and post them for you as some on here have done some brilliant work. I'm just too inept and tight if I'm honest :grin:

Thanks but what I'm really wanting is the part number or supplier of the lead that connects an aftermarket head unit to the Bose system as my head unit has gone faulty now as well as my sat nav so think its time for it to visit the bin.

Yup, and if you follow the thread I've given you (plus the one that's in that one) you'll find guidance on what that is :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back