Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The Short goodbye

Paulmc

Monza
Cleaning ready for sale. not much point really 620mile trip to pickup the new one, then 620 home again :eek:

Attachments

• clean_208.jpg
    clean_208.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 4,077
  • clean2_727.jpg
    clean2_727.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 4,077
  • clean1_106.jpg
    clean1_106.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 4,077
  • car_wash_597.jpg
    car_wash_597.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 4,077
Replacement

Attachments

• internet_gtr_201.jpg
    internet_gtr_201.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 4,072
Paulmc said:
996 Turbo Tip. Remapped by Nick running 1.2 Bar, Awesome!!

Which begs the question....Why?

:?:

Hmmmm,

Don't want to slag the Porsche but I think coming from a F10 M5 it is just too big a jump backwards. i would not go back the the M5, too expensive and being RWD 80% of the time in the UK you cant use the power.

I miss my toys, too noisy, hard, old inside. Cant get out of the flaming thing lol

I think the Porsche is for Porsche people if that makes sense. I am not, I just like fast cars i can play with.

it sounds great in the pub though. I drive a 911 Turbo compared with a Datsun :floor:

Paul, having owned an M3, and now owning the GTR, and being a fan of fast cars, what are your thoughts on the 911's Auto box?

(Im trying to decide if Id like a manual or tip - I did own a tip cayenne and quite liked it).

Thanks
Ger

Slow.

I too had a Cayenne and the box is very similar. My Cayenne was 06 Turbo S and i found it took ages to change down, the 911 is even worse being 2003 it is old tech.

i cant be bothered with a manual anymore but the TIP is very slow. if you use the manual mode it is fine.

Knocking around town and motorway it is fine, nail it to pass a car on "A" roads, it does nothing for what feels like an age then changes down 2 or 3 gears and you off. Manual mode and select the correct gear to pass it is rapid.

not sure how it will compare to your GTR i guess you may find much the same as me??

Thanks mate.
(To clarify -mine was a Skyline R33).

So a different league! Im currently between cars as Ive launched a business.

I've never met you but I've enjoyed reading your posts way back to the 535d on bmwland.
You've had some amazing cars and I know the GTR will get the Paul C treatment.
Looks like I'll have to join the GTR forum to see what your up to.
All the best with your new toy,
Benny.

955 box is slow, 957 box is a lot quicker especially in Sport mode. The 996 turbo tip box is much, much quicker than either of the Cayennes. Seriously, I use the turbo exclusively in manual mode with my RH thumb knuckle permanently on the tip button and find the changes to be virtually instantaneous. Overtaking in traffic....spot the gap, nudge the tip button as you press the throttle and you are gone! :thumb:

GT-R's are Ace. Been in them and on track . Mind blowing. They grip like nothing else.

Attachments

• 20140824_095244_122.jpg
    20140824_095244_122.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 3,990
I saw this one in London. Superb.

bennyy,

My 535d was the best car I have ever owned and I have had a few :thumb:

This one is Litchfield Stage 2 so around 590-600BHP. They max out around 650, bigger turbos after that. See how it goes.

Fed up buying standard and tuning, very expensive. This time I will try tuned and if it fails fix it, maybe cheaper :?:

mcbit, Agree in manual mode it is excellent, if only it was that good in Auto.

quattrosteph,

Yeah that was the hook that got me, Matte Grey Wrap. That is not mine but same wrap i guess. Looks like a jet fighter. look forward to the coppers stopping me :roll:

If you want a much better clutch kit for your GT-R .http://www.xtreme-motorsport.co.uk/

Their kit can take 1400bhp and gear change is smoother than stock !!

They export all around the world.

8)

Yeah I seen that on the GTR forum. Doubt I will get anywhere near that power. I reckon 620-650bhp will be my lot

Rocketship!!

I am sure you have done your research, but pretty much every one of the GTR's I have ever seen is being hammered to death on the drag strip - bloody fast for sure but I would be suspicious of every single one in terms of 'careful owner' descriptors.

Didn't the early one's have launch control/gearbox issues?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back