Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Opening Front trunk area with Battery disconnected

Christian911

I recently had to disconnect my battery but I stupidly shut the bonnet afterwards.Its in the garage at the moment,can you still open the bonnet if there's no power going to it? :eek:

open your door and remove fusebox cover , where the yellow fuse removing tool is , above this is a little orange tab , pull this out using the fuse removing tool (it wont remove completely) , place positive jump lead onto this little tab you have just pulled out and the negative on the door check strap . this will power up your boot catch . :wink:

p.s. don't forget you need power on the other end of the jump leads

I don't know on yours but there is also a cable you can reach from an opening below the front bumper to open the bonnet manually. Same for the rear.

Intake vacuum line - where is this line supposed to go?

Thought I opened a new thread but replied in here. Sorry.

The fuse box lid method won't work if the battery is disconnected as you ve broken the circuit
You'll need to remove the wheel arch liner and find the piece of wire release

This is sounding like Major grief! All because Elite Porsche screwed up my door lock which meant I had to disconnect the Battery as the interior lights wouldn't go out or I couldn't activate the Alarm as the door wouldn't shut properly :x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back