Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

this week i bought my 996........

type53

a lurvely dansk sport super sound exhaust and a full front / rear disc and pad change, plus some associated caliper brake pipes.

just got done getting her on axle stands at the rear for the exhaust work tomorrow (seriously, how much of a pain is it getting these things on axle stands.....) and gave the exhaust mounting points an inspection....

oh dear.....good job i've got a healthy supply of dremel cutting discs. the nuts have disintegrated. never fear, the fridge is stocked with post fitting refreshments.

i'd post pics if i could figure it out. the dansk is a nice piece of kit. i went for the "sports super sound" version as I'm after a bit more bark.

wish me luck.....

type53 said:
a lurvely dansk sport super sound exhaust and a full front / rear disc and pad change, plus some associated caliper brake pipes.

just got done getting her on axle stands at the rear for the exhaust work tomorrow (seriously, how much of a pain is it getting these things on axle stands.....) and gave the exhaust mounting points an inspection....

oh dear.....good job i've got a healthy supply of dremel cutting discs. the nuts have disintegrated. never fear, the fridge is stocked with post fitting refreshments.

i'd post pics if i could figure it out. the dansk is a nice piece of kit. i went for the "sports super sound" version as I'm after a bit more bark.

wish me luck.....

Good luck with that, be keen to see some pics as I'd like to know where your jacking and axle stand points are.

Photos; easy, just open a photobucket account and use the JPEG with an img. Code.

Cheers

I'm after the Dansk super sound too....ill be interested in how it sounds, good luck mate

well......

the exhaust is off, but the new one won't be going on today...

the mounting brackets are gubbed. 2 studs sheared off on one side (common problem i think), the other side the long bolt was seized inside and wouldn't come out without self destructing the sleeve. so i'm searching for used replacements to avoid the 600 notes porsche tax, as well as trying my local garage to drill out the old and weld new studs.

on the bright side the old one is off, tailpipes fitted to the new and the rear is sporting new discs, pads, wear indicators and caliper pipes. plus new bleed nipples.

tomorrow i'll tackle the front brakes. review of the sport super sound will have to wait i'm afraid.

type53 said:
well......

the exhaust is off, but the new one won't be going on today...

the mounting brackets are gubbed. 2 studs sheared off on one side (common problem i think), the other side the long bolt was seized inside and wouldn't come out without self destructing the sleeve. so i'm searching for used replacements to avoid the 600 notes porsche tax, as well as trying my local garage to drill out the old and weld new studs.

on the bright side the old one is off, tailpipes fitted to the new and the rear is sporting new discs, pads, wear indicators and caliper pipes. plus new bleed nipples.

tomorrow i'll tackle the front brakes. review of the sport super sound will have to wait i'm afraid.

***** :damn:

well, after a slight delay getting new studs fitted to my mounting plates, i got the exhaust fitted today :D

i am very happy i choose the super sound dansk version. much throatier growl at idle and through the rev range, just enough increase in volume and a nice bark on sharp acceleration. haven't detected any drone or motorway cruising issues. very happy :D

i think this is how its supposed to sound :thumbs:

and i finished off the new pads and discs all round. i spotted some corroded brake pipes, from the flexi hose to rigid line. Judging by the state of the nuts, i'm staying away. i'll get those done at an indy during the brake fluid change which is due.

Any vids or pics will be great! I have the porsche sports exhaust (switchable) but it's mild steel so at some point it will need replacing and I think the price of the porsche item will be mental....i.e I'm already thinking ahead as to what it will have..
For the moment though, it sounds mega. Roof off, wide open throttle in 2nd under a bridge and it's almost offensive :)

Ben

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back