Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gave the car a good clean yesterday resulting in a couple of

Dull Witch

Trainee
Tail pipe (C2) has some rust on it's outer skin. Any idea on removal and prevention?

How the hell do you keep the seals around the luggage compartment from gunking up?

and most importantly

When cleaning the door sills, at the front of the threshold rubber, I have water sitting under the rubber very close to the lower door hinge. I can dry it out with a hairdryer/leaving it in the garage but is there a good way to prevent water getting under there (bathroom sealer?)

Thanks

The tail pipe is easy. Buy some decent quality metal polish. Try to use low abrasive stuff first.

Depending on budget go for Meguires Metal Polysh (yup, the Yanks cant spell) or Britemax Tough Cut and then Final Shine.

If that doesnt work then try Autosol. If you're still having problems then use fine wire wool with Autosol.

Seal the metal once done. Britemax has an in-built sealer. For all else buy a tin of FK1000P / Finish Care Big White. The tin is huge. Use it to seal your wheels. Hell, it even seals body paintwork and lasts about 4 months!

Read-up on Detailing World for more info :)

The runner seals on your lugage compartment and door sound like they are knackered. I'd be looking to replace them. Dont use bathroom sealant, you'll trap the water and it'll rust! :eek:

Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back