Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying a PDK 997.2 with a little porsche warranty remaining?

SockToy

Monza
I'm told the engine cant be redlined.
Beyond HPI and 111 point check from an OPC, tyre tread depth, next service interval and how much it'll cost to extend the warranty, given it still has some warranty remaining, anything else to do, or would you just buy in confidence?

Cheers,

Matt the noob.

£2,315 for 2 years including Porsche Assistance for an extension. (or £1,189 for one year).

The engine CAN be 'redlined' - the logic is there to prevent over-revving.

At the risk of opening a can of worms, plenty of people will report DME readings in Range 1 (7300 - 7500 for non-turbo i think) with PDK...

Just buy in confidence and extend the warranty. It's the cheapest and most reliable form of Porsche 911 ownership. Going by personal experience only just niggles, other than that great cars. My OPC mentioned PDK can't be 'redlined' so confused by previous post?
I suspect if a PDK hits high revs there's a problem with it as it should cut off?
Anyway if you purchase enjoy :thumbs:

In gear Tip and PDK are 'unlikely' to be redlined. However, out of gear such as revving at traffic lights :dont know: or slipping the lever into N on a bend whilst 'pressing on' will red-line with enough revs and register in the Rev Range appropriately.

If it's not OPC supplied have a PPI done prior to the OPC check. You are less likely to need a warranty on a 997.2, however, other components such as suspension, steering, pumps, hoses, motors etc. are all shared with the 997.1 and will fail as usual. None of the above are generally cheap, such as I had a new steering rack fitted under warranty in June. The cost would have been around £1,200 should I have had to bear it.

Good luck, take your time, drive as many as you can and :welcome: to 911UK.

PPI prior to OPC?

Is that necessary if I can get the dealer to agree to sale conditional on pass of the OPC 111pt check for warranty extension?

SockToy said:
PPI prior to OPC?

Is that necessary if I can get the dealer to agree to sale conditional on pass of the OPC 111pt check for warranty extension?

No. A pre-warranty OPC 111 point check would be as good as any PPI.

Good luck :thumb:

Oops. Mine now. Thanks for all of you helping. I suspect a paid a little over the odds, but it is very close to my ideal (which would have been targa/cab in silver or blue with turbo wheels) - and spec wise is basically ideal, apart from the decrepid 1.41 PCM software.

Car is a bit stonechipped and the interior is scuffed, so agreed a feel detail & stone chip repair & OPC 111 pt check pass conditional for purchase.

Excited and terrified all at the same time ;-p

Plan to pay to get the PCM upgrade & the gearbox if necessary, other than a cable for my phone and removing the decals, anything anyone else would recommend? ;

PDK C4s.

Optional extras:
Porsche Vehicle Tracking System, Heated seats, ParkAssist (parking aid rear), Universal Audio Interface, Extended navigation module, Telephone Module, 7-speed double clutch transmission (PDK), Porsche Crest embossed on head restraints, Cruise Control, Sports Chrono Package Plus, Sports Exhaust System, Electric tilt/slide sunroof, Automatic dimming interior mirror with integrated rain sensor, Rear Wiper, Adaptive Sports Seats, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, 19-inch Carrera Sport Wheels, Sport Design Steering wheel with paddle shift, Seat belts in silver-grey, BOSE Surround Sound system, Side strips with model designation, Front air intakes opaque Aluminum look, wing mirror opaque aluminium look, illuminated door-sill guards, customisation package PDK gear lever, outer door-sill guards in stainless steel, contrast stitching, Voice Control.

Attachments

• image_306.jpg
    image_306.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 2,212
Congrats and seems like a well spec'd car.... All you need is some fuel!

Enjoy :thumb:

Looks great- when do you pick it up?

Ahh, my Targa driving nemesis!

Saturday. Im in London if you fancy showing me your dream some time ;-p

Long week for you and me - I pick mine up Sunday . I'm up In Aberdeenshire so its a long drive down ! but might see you at a national meet at some point :thumb:

Mine came from GVE, but via David's father (Jack) from his home driveway!

Enjoy your new ride :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back