Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TRW Track Control Arm Shortage

911tom

As most will be aware there is currently a real shortage of TRW control arms. This I have been told is down to a legal debate between TRW and Porsche. The parts are available from Porsche however the part I need (99634104306) is £180.00 from Porsche or circa. £70.00 if TRW branded. There is no way I can justify £110.00 for a Porsche branded box!

I have been looking at alternatives Design911 can offer EPS brand and I have found a supplier offering Febi Bilstein. Does anyone have an opinion of which way to go?

I obviously do not want to be fitting cheap poorly designed rubbish and would prefer to be bent over by Porsche than do that!

Thanks for the replies guys. I am after the tuning forks these are the lower arms. I have recently done lower arms, top mounts, steering rack and drop links in that order in the hunt to stop all creaky noises! It is already a huge improvement but feel I may as well do the tuning forks as these are the only part left to do!

If you ordered from mister auto you'll not get them. They have no stock and have not had any for months but they leave the ebay listing live.

Sure it's a legal thing? TRW make loads of OE 996 stuff - you'd expect if it was a legal thing then they would stop selling everything!

I've just this wek fitted TRW inner track rods (£31 ea), TRW track rod ends (£25 ea), TRW steering rack boots (£8 pair) and TRW drop links (£25 ea).

Previously I've fitted TRW forked control arms (£32 ea) and a TRW rear track control arm (£43)

All had the porsche logo ground off so i assume would be subject to the same legal thing if it were the case. I think its more likely a production line thing - where they set the line up to do a run of one parts. They've just perhaps sold out of the run and are awaiting another!

Now if only I could find the rear upper dog bone links by TRW anywhere but the dealer....but these aren't shared by the boxster so not such a large market.

Good luck with Mister Auto!

They wont have any I bet

I have heard from a couple of different supplies including Design911 that it Porsche have stopped TRW selling direct. Time will tell I guess...

I am undecided whether to continue to wait for TRW or try one of the others listed above. I have already sat on this for the last 5 weeks.

dropped mister-auto-uk an email to check if they have stock on hand.

If not ive asked for a refund immediately.

Will update when I get a response.

:x

"Dear Mr. Jones,

Thank you for contacting us.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in regards to your order for two TRW JTC1170 track control arms.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to fulfill your order as the item was out of stock when you placed your order, so the full amount you paid will be refunded to your PayPal account within two working days.
We would like to offer you a 5% discount and free delivery on your next order from Mister-Auto on eBay.co.uk as compensation for your troubles.
You will receive the discount in the form of a refund on the total amount of your payment after placing the order.
Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to let us know.
We remain at your disposal.

Kind regards,
Mister-Auto Customer Service Team
- mister-auto-uk"

Why the 2 day wait for my refund.

Negative feedback coming up.

Wouldn't surprise me if there was a legal dispute.

Porsche have a history of withdrawing licences from companies for certain products. It wasn't long ago that they stopped Bosch from selling MAF sensors for the 3.0 SC carrera even though it was an old model! You could only then get them through porsche for £720+vat!

Before that they did it with Bilstein for 944 turbo suspension parts.

Now it seems its TRW getting the treatment! :nooo:

markj113 said:
:x

"Dear Mr. Jones,

Thank you for contacting us.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in regards to your order for two TRW JTC1170 track control arms.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to fulfill your order as the item was out of stock when you placed your order, so the full amount you paid will be refunded to your PayPal account within two working days.
We would like to offer you a 5% discount and free delivery on your next order from Mister-Auto on eBay.co.uk as compensation for your troubles.
You will receive the discount in the form of a refund on the total amount of your payment after placing the order.
Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to let us know.
We remain at your disposal.

Kind regards,
Mister-Auto Customer Service Team
- mister-auto-uk"

Why the 2 day wait for my refund.

Negative feedback coming up.

On par with the Porscheshop .............

Try GSF got some for a friends Boxster They were TRW and seemed to have a familiar symbol ground off :thumb:
If I recall prices were half of OPC,s
Might be worth a call to see if they have any in and take a look

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back