Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

It just looks like a Go Pro only £300 cheaper

Ocean Blue

I bought this unit last week, couple of mates have a Go Pro and what a nice suprise it was to find that everything was compatible.
Looking at what I've recorded there is no difference in the quality of the images.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221467741808

Check out the sub £60 price.

Attachments

• piccy_202.jpg
    piccy_202.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 7,028
Just goes to show how absurdly over-priced GoPros are. But I spose you still get that dreadful rolling shutter effect?

Excellent find :thumbup:

~ Maxie

You can buy them from Maplins as well :thumb:

Sorry guys, don't mean to spoil things for you, I genuinely wish it is as good as a gopro.

But... such a massive price difference does raise alarm bells. If one is easily overpriced, then the other is... far too cheap? Something (or a lot) has to be dramatically different between the 2 products...

pjvenda said:
Sorry guys, don't mean to spoil things for you, I genuinely wish it is as good as a gopro.

But... such a massive price difference does raise alarm bells. If one is easily overpriced, then the other is... far too cheap? Something (or a lot) has to be dramatically different between the 2 products...

Something is certainly different, it's the marketing budget (and the R&D, easier to copy than start from scratch).

Mine arrived yesterday. Lovely bit of kit, complete clone of a Go Pro. OK so the manual is rubbish, but everything else works and it comes with enough bits to get it screen mounted in no time. You need to buy a 32gb mini SD card separately if you do get one (try 7dayshop.com).

Has anyone worked out what 'car mode' is yet? The camera seems to have a ton of features completely missing from the manual!

Worked it out...car mode means it comes on when its being charged. So if you get a charger (we had one in the kitchen drawer...its a standard micro USB size), and plug it in the car, it comes on when the charger light comes on, and goes off when the charger light goes off. Doh.

Gav171073 said:
Worked it out...car mode means it comes on when its being charged. So if you get a charger (we had one in the kitchen drawer...its a standard micro USB size), and plug it in the car, it comes on when the charger light comes on, and goes off when the charger light goes off. Doh.

That's actually quite a good feature.

:thumb:

Waz said:
You can buy them from Maplins as well :thumb:

Can`t seem to find these on Maplins website, do you have a link ?

Gav171073 said:

Presumably that is for recording dash cam video on a constant loop for the Russian YouTube market :?:

Gav171073 said:

Be interested to see some video from one of these cameras. I have a GoPro but I'd like another camera to record two angles when I'm driving, this could be a great cheaper option.

I've got some of me going to the shop. Dull as dishwater, but if you want a look I'll load it up.

OK here is some of the No Pro video from a few hours ago. Honestly, for £60 (plus you need to buy a micro SD card £12 for a 32gb one from 7dayshop) I think you are onto a winner.

Apologies for how dull this is, and the soundtrack, but it was never intended as anything other than a bit of a test.

Gav

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JspNSEJl_jw

That's great quality, what more could you want.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back