Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buckets or Adaptives

Skyman

Trainee
I am just about to venture into Gen 1 GT3 world, and have the option of a Clubsport car or one with adaptives. In all other respects, apart from the obvious lack of a roll cage, the cars are pretty similar in price and spec. I do not intend to do track days, so which is to be preferred?

Well, I ordered my first GT3 with standard seats (pretty much the same
shape as the adaptives, but without the toys)..like you, I wasn't going
to track it...

Big mistake, as retro fitting the buckets cost me an eye watering £4500
at my OPC. Imho, the buckets are very supprtive and pretty comfortable,
I'd go the clubsport route, the car will also be more sort after when resale
time comes along. :thumb:

buckets defo.

you will regret getting them once you see another one with them. and if you do happen to venture on track then....

the buckets really make you feel like you are in a special car too and even a spirited drive on the road they make a difference.

According to the trade, the "comfort" spec cars are very sought after as most people in the real world apparently don't want to track too much, and they feel the buckets a little too focused for street.

However on this site, and Pheads too, everyone will tell you club sport spec, as we all like to drive our cars as they were designed to be.

As a comfort-spec owner, I can only say my first choice was club-sport spec, and would be again if I were swapping.

I am very happy with the adaptive seats and on a long euro-trip through the alps, going sideways quite a lot, they were perfect. However, for the track I know I'd prefer buckets and a harness, which I don't have - am yet to track the car though so it hasn't been an issue for me yet.

If I was doing it all again, I would probably go for a club sport. Only because I track my car though, and I'm not sure non-club sport cars are more difficult to sell on? I think they appeal to a bigger market so in theory should be just as easy to sell on. Could always stick in a pair of Recaro's if necessary and have best of both worlds....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back