Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 GT3 reaches 120K

NXI20

Estoril
I am so, so bored with the endless threads on how much x Porsche model is worth now.

So, by way of a change, here's mine that isn't for sale (I honestly don't know what I could replace it with) but it reached 120,000 miles, not pounds, today at Silverstone, appropriately enough on a trackday.

I have done 100,000 of those miles & every one has been special. Here's to the next 100,000 :)

Attachments

• outside_the_experience_centre_517.jpg
    outside_the_experience_centre_517.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 6,834
  • 120k_today_751.jpg
    120k_today_751.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 6,834
+1 on your thoughts on values ... i always thought that owning / driving a Porsche is about the driving ......not about the possible value purchase / today/ tomorrow/ next year......!!
Some are buying Porsches for all the wrong reasons ...

Its good to see a GT3 being well used for the purpose it is built for .... 120 k ... and track use of 2.0 mpg ?? Wow !! :worship:

that has to be a record and still looking good !

T

Cheers :thumb:

2.0 MPG is as low as the display goes, but it's not actually nearly that bad. We've never bothered to calibrate the Syvecs ECU to work out the MPG correctly, so while it's fairly accurate on the road, it's way off on track. It's actually more like 8 to 9 mpg.

Yesterday was its 156th trackday :thumbs:

It will be going on a working holiday to Italy in a couple of weeks: Mugello & Imola seems like a fitting end to the season's activities.

YES! :D

A thread about a GT car being used as it should be! That is a huge number of trackdays you've treated it too as well!

Would you care to tell us what work you've needed to do to it over those 120k miles? I presume its not still on its original coffin arms after 500+ trackdays?

Magnificent!

seconded and a superb effort. tip of the hat sir and a credit to Porsche quality of build.

nice to see one being used. mine is on 70k miles so creeping up. I have no interest in value really and intend to keep it as long as I possibly can. they are awesome cars!

An amazing achievement! I for one am glad to see other people using their cars and enjoying them as they where intended :) :) :)

As I'm sure Disco will be along to say that "it's Trigger's broom" any time now, I will preempt him by saying that it's probably easier to list the parts that are original. Basically, the shell, all panels(!) & interior are factory other than the carbon bonnet & rear Cup bumper cover (also in carbon). Every bit of the suspension isn't, nor are the brakes & wheels. The engine got rebuilt at 85K miles (there's a huge thread on that somewhere on here) & it's got a Syvecs ECU and an M+M Cup exhaust. It's got an RS carbon rear wing & mirrors.

That's the really short version of what's been done.

Since you ask specifically about the coffin arms: they are the RSS forged items. Expensive, yes, but when you consider that you never have to buy them again and they can be rebuilt with new monoballs & outer ball joints & pins for (comparatively) buttons, they make total sense if you are in for the long haul; I life all major components these days & they get changed at 2 years. Ditto the £7K 2-way adjustable Moton Clubsports which are still going strong after 65K miles, as are the GMG arms at the rear & Tarret diagonal arms all round. I've had to replace just ONE Rose joint on all the GMG / Tarrett stuff so far. As I use slicks on track these days, the cost of replacing standard suspension parts would be horrendous, not just the parts but also the downtime & near constant need to re-geo the car.

Nice "milestone"....

I am proud to have done about 20 of those 120,000 :lol:

Senoj said:
I am proud to have done about 20 of those 120,000 :lol:

Yes, you are a member of a very exclusive club: people who are not ARDS instructors who have been invited to drive NXI20 on a track. Can you believe that I virtually had to force Stuart into the car to drive a few laps of Spa last month?

Well done you, these cars are meant to be used, and such a waste if not otherwise what is the point of ownership.

Ashley

NXI20 said:
Can you believe that I virtually had to force Stuart into the car to drive a few laps of Spa last month?

I actually can. Just think about all of the things that he now has to do to his car to recreate the experience. You are like a drug dealer for suspension parts.... :hand:

My work here is done :hand: :floor:

Being 1st in the queue for pax laps in NXI20 at some great venues I would like to add, the loose nut behind the wheel is as awesome as the car its self :thumb:

Long may it continue :grin: :worship:

The view most of us only ever see of NXI20

This makes me so happy Nick!

No need to say anymore :D :thumb:

Nick - that is awesome in so many ways!

We salute you!!!

When I got mine about two years ago - I think you were just finishing off the rebuild and it was 85k then...156 trackdays, really impressive.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back