Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TPMS - the bane of my life !

slackster

Spa-Francorchamps
Are these things the most sensitive annoying things ever.

I picked my 997T up about 5 weeks ago with a TPMS error showing and agreed with the seller that I'd get it sorted and we're work out the costs between us.

Having never had TPMS before on my previous 2 porkers I didn't think it would be too much hassle.

So the car went into the OPC for diags and they came back saying 3 of the 4 wheels had less than a month's TPMS battery life left and the last one had 4 months so they advised getting all 4 done at once.

I agreed to this and it went back in yesterday at a cost of £700 inc labour/vat..

I picked the car up error free for the first time since I bought it and drove home.. reversed on the drive and then immediately got an alert saying "flat rear tyre".. got out the car and the tyre was perfectly fine.

This morning I got in the car and checked the TPMS screen and it said I'd lost 10PSI compared to the other corner so I drove to the local garage and checked them both.

Firstly the car said they were at 37PSI and the machine said 30???, and secondly the suspect corner was only 2-3PSI down on the other corner, not 10, and certainly not flat!!

I have now reset the TPMS thing and its "learning" so we will see what happens over the next 24hrs, but has anyone ever had this much hassle with the damn things??

:evil:

NickW has killed a couple of sets on track at Spa, but I've always found them to be great and pretty much bang on what my normal pressure gauge tells me.

Disco said:
NickW has killed a couple of sets on track at Spa, but I've always found them to be great and pretty much bang on what my normal pressure gauge tells me.

+1

Gotta Laugh..

Just driven 2miles from work back home.. I was literally pulling up outside the house and it just beeps and then flashes "flat tyre" again, before then turning the error light out completely???

Then to rub salt in the wound it just puts dash marks against each tyre on the screen so all 4 tyre pressures are now unknown but I have no error lights anymore.

Bag of Cr@p... Back to the OPC me thinks.. For free this time too!

I had issues similar to you with my 997T also. Had problems for over a week. Same sort of thing but mine kept saying I needed more air in one tyre or the other. Took it to Porsche as they fitted new sensors last year (£500 fitted) and they did the learning thing. But got home and same thing happened again. Took it back and they took it in and played for a while and in the end they just said they cleared some errors, reset it all and took it out for the learning thing themselves. After that no more issues.

Take it back and they will sort it.

fixed...

apparently the OPC technician is very apologetic, the valve on one of the tyres was not put together properly and it was losing air slowly..

muppets !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back