Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ring Taxi BMW M5 F10 Crashes Nordschleife TF (2014)

How odd, nowhere near enough oppo to begin to rescue that one. Did he not realise it was going sideways :?:

Impressive amount of barrier deformation & the M5 seems to have survived a big hit very well. Hmm, maybe I'll add that one to the list of prospects when I replace the E55 8)

Interesting one as I had a NS rear tyre failure today in my Merc on the M6, slightly less dramatic than this video. TPM went off on a straight bit and I couldn`t feel anything abnormal, then as I rounded a right hand bendy bit 30 seconds later, the left rear let go and it all got a bit sideways and the dashboard lit up !!
On the hard shoulder the tyre looked a little low so I felt around it, couldn`t feel anything that could have punctured it, 3mm+ of tread left, THEN I felt the inner corner, completely gone down to the wire and canvas ! I had even tried to re-inflate it as it just looked low on pressure !
Super low profile tyres, these are 35`s, just look normal when effectively flat, bearing in mind I carry circa 500lbs of equiptment in the boot, the pendulum effect catches the traction control out every time !

Or maybe the driver is just a numpty ?

NXI20 said:
How odd, nowhere near enough oppo to begin to rescue that one. Did he not realise it was going sideways :?:

Dale has some analysis over at BTG. It appears that he was trying to stay ahead of a GT2 that was glued to his bumper for a portion of the lap, and driver ego may have been a contributory factor :nooo:

Disco said:
NXI20 said:

Dale has some analysis over at BTG. It appears that he was trying to stay ahead of a GT2 that was glued to his bumper for a portion of the lap, and driver ego may have been a contributory factor :nooo:

well they're not exactly know for letting cars past

Ring Taxi can have a funny attitude sometimes.
A friend of mine is a bloody good driver , he laps the Nordschleife all year round , he is been told off because he took over ( with ease) some Ring taxis !!!
They are not all good drivers and even though they drive fast but big and heavy cars, they don't accept to be pass by even a GT2 or GT3 !!!
One was on my back and pass me just before the last left bend before going down to Brunchen, he cutted me while going flat out , got his line and his weight transfer completely wrong and went side ways half on the tarmac half on the grass.....he nearly crashed it big time . Passengers were inside........The only person I would trust in the Ring Taxi is Sabine Schmitz .

I did a ring trip with a bunch of guys with cars and bikes in 2010. One of the guys with a Nissan GT-R complained that the ring taxi's don't get out of the way. I made the mistake of going out for a lap with him in his GT-R, we overtook everything including a Fezza 430,amazing experience.

Was it Del in a black GT-R ....?

A friend of mine drive an old Nissan GT33 tuned for the Ring, RB26 engine and everything.
It is bit bashed up and rusty . The car is called general Lee as it is Orange , he's got a massive sticker on top of his windscreen , when he is behind that big sticker say "Move over!!!"
Awesome !!!! :D He pass everybody , Ring Taxis, GT-R , GT3's, nearly everthing.
One day the Ring Taxi drivers came to see him in the car park and told him he can't keep taking over them...he laught. He must be good as he's been offered a job as an intructor on the Nordschleife !

Shurv said:
I did a ring trip with a bunch of guys with cars and bikes in 2010. One of the guys with a Nissan GT-R complained that the ring taxi's don't get out of the way. I made the mistake of going out for a lap with him in his GT-R, we overtook everything including a Fezza 430,amazing experience.

Hi Shurv. Was that the guy you told me about at the Silverstone Track Day? If so, did you get any video footage, I wouldn't mind having a look if you do.

Mike

quattrosteph said:
A friend of mine drive an old Nissan GT33 tuned for the Ring, RB26 engine and everything.
It is bit bashed up and rusty . The car is called general Lee as it is Orange , he's got a massive sticker on top of his windscreen , when he is behind that big sticker say "Move over!!!"
Awesome !!!! :D He pass everybody , Ring Taxis, GT-R , GT3's, nearly everthing.
One day the Ring Taxi drivers came to see him in the car park and told him he can't keep taking over them...he laught. He must be good as he's been offered a job as an intructor on the Nordschleife !

Nissan owners are so funny !

Are you sure he's not getting confused with...

so what's this guys name ? Daisy Duke ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back