Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another new Porsche owner

LWB

Trainee
Hi All, I'm Lloyd from Hertfordshire. I purchased my (1st) Porsche a few months ago and have been enjoying reading the forum and having some of my newbee anxieties allayed.

My car is a 997.2 Carrera PDK with a nice list of options, I actually wanted the 3.6 Carrera which seems to be a rare choice.

Ill post up some pictures. Good night all.

Attachments

• image_350.jpg
    image_350.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 5,726
  • image_350.jpg
    image_350.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 5,726
:welcome: Hello Lloyd and welcome to the forum.
You have a head turner there. The wheels work well with that lush Guards Red.
Whereabouts in Herts are you?

Hi and welcome!

The only Gen 2 I've driven was a 3.6 PDK on standard suspension and it was red too. My abiding memory is of super-fast steering and a fantastic gearbox (as well as it being pretty damned quick).

Enjoy the experience - it probably has a better ride quality than the A-Class in the background too!

Welcome, that looks really nice - I'm very envious. I have just purchased my second 911 - a Basalt Black Carrera 3.6 also with PDK.

You are right, lots of S' about but few 3.6's.

Can I ask do you have PASM fitted? My car does not and it appears slightly higher wheel clearance than yours? Also deliberating about sports exhaust... I'll never be satisfied!

Hi megdog, yes it has got PASM fitted but alas no PSE. I haven't dared try the launch control yet :oops:

Pzero, I live in a small town south of Royston.

I put up some more pics when I'm in front of a PC.

Lovely looking car LWB. :welcome:
megdog said:
Can I ask do you have PASM fitted? My car does not and it appears slightly higher wheel clearance than yours? Also deliberating about sports exhaust... I'll never be satisfied!
PASM lowers 10mm on Standard. PSE is a must have IMO. :thumb:

LWB said:
Hi megdog, yes it has got PASM fitted but alas no PSE. I haven't dared try the launch control yet :oops:

Pzero, I live in a small town south of Royston.

I put up some more pics when I'm in front of a PC.

Welcome, car looks great :thumb:

I live in a small village south of Royston, so will keep an eye out for you :D

Lovely car one of my favourite colours " guards red " had two porkers that hue, now speed yellow . Welcome to Porsche ownership there is no going back :D

Some more pics

Attachments

• car_small_2_155.jpg
    car_small_2_155.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 5,474
  • car_small_197.jpg
    car_small_197.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 5,474
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on choosing the ultimate spec and colour!

LWB said:
I live in a small town south of Royston.
I am in North Herts too; I have an Atlas Grey 997. Welcome to 911uk!

~ Maxie :thumbs:

Hi LWB,
Welcome to the club and a fairly exclusive one regarding the 997.2 Carerra. I test drove both S and non S cars and much preferred the 3.6 over the 3.8, it just needs kind of driving more?
Lovely car looks good in Guards with black wheels, for comparison ( and a gratuitous shot) here's my 3.6 on factory lowered suspension

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I have seen Maxie out and about a few times as the number plate is a give away ( and the column in total 911). :thumb:

Welcome LWB.
Beautiful car and spec.
My next 911 will be a Gen 2, fingers crossed.
:thumb:

Very Lovely.....i love them in red :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back