Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Airbag light and durametrics (Code 21)

Graeme Shaw

Monza
Hey all

Some help needed if possible!

Today I randomly got "Airbag Failure" on my instrument cluster.
And the airbag light is permanently lit.

I know electrical gremlins are common and sometimes disappear after you turn the ignition off and back on again, but this wont go off.

I have Durametrics which ive plugged in and checked for codes but theres nothing.
When I click on "airbag" in the menu, I just get "failed to initialise"

In actual fact Ive found Durametric a waste of time so far!
Of all the issues Ive had it has not helped one bloody bit.

Am I doing something wrong?

Surely if theres a fault showing on the dash it should show in Durametrics right?

G

I found this when resetting the airbag on my 996 turbo, module failed to initialise each time. I put this down to my cable not being the genuine article. I managed to do it by selecting 993. It worked so I did not question it!

Non genuine
When plugged in states "this device is counterfeit" it then switches to "enthusiast version"

The fake ones won't work for some modules, drive it to your nearest Indy and they usually just charge half an hour labour to clear the fault.

I'm unsure why it has come on in the first place so get that checked at the same time.

Hi

I would try the 993 Airbag module as suggested. On my 993 I have to choose the 964 airbag module lol.

Berni

Ah
Tried 993 didnt work first but did on second attempt!

You know i would buy the real durametrics if i was convinced that it would be better

Thanks guys!

G

Error has re appeared..... :frustrated:

Error code 21
Ignition circuit driver

Cleared it again but suspect it will be back

On searching net it points to steering wheel clock spring
Anyone had the same issue?

G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members