Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 light rust on front arches at rear bottom

Blackporsche

Monza
Hi all. Anyone get light rust on front arches at rear bottom? I am guessing this is from stones flicked up from the wheels. Any recommendations on treatment I can do myself or professionals. I am in Maidenhead, Berkshire

I've got exactly the same thing. I had it reprinted by a body shop but it happened again fairly quickly. Next time I get it painted, I'm going to put helicopter tape on it to protect it.

thanks. appreciate the response. Good idea on the helicopter tape. I just need to find someone to do it now :)

Have a chat with Tyrone at Riviera, just the other side of Reading. He did some work on my last car and I was very happy with it

http://www.rivieraautobody.co.uk/

This happens on my 996 which is silver. Every year I paint the bottom of the arch with silver Hammerite. It's OK with a silver coloured car, or perhaps black, but I don't think other colours would match in. It's a very vulnerable spot. I see that Toyota puts helicopter tape in these spots on its cars.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatandywhite
Back