Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help needed with part number

JohnnyDangerous

Hi guys do any of you have the part number for the little grey circlip that goes on the quick release valve in the engine bay, the male part that goes into the valve is No4 in the diagram below, Ignore the highlighted number 9 in the diagram.

Heres the quick release valve

And this is the part I need the number for

Help please as OPC cant find a diagram for the servo hose that runs from rear to front.

Had the same issue with my Cayman clutch hose - the clip is not shown nor is it listed as a part. In reality it was only a 'belt and braces' preventative measure to prevent release of the QR fitting without removal - I left it off in the end since Porsche's idea of quick release and mine are clearly somewhat different and it was a pain to remove even with the clip off!.

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Had the same issue with my Cayman clutch hose - the clip is not shown nor is it listed as a part. In reality it was only a 'belt and braces' preventative measure to prevent release of the QR fitting without removal - I left it off in the end since Porsche's idea of quick release and mine are clearly somewhat different and it was a pain to remove even with the clip off!.

My thoughts exactly but mine blew out today causing a missfire and rock hard brake pedal, clearly because the male portion hadnt fully seated inside the valve !!!! But I didnt fancy it happening again, Im sure if theres a fiche of the female portion of the valve there will be a circlip on view.

I tried and failed to find it and resigned myself to leaving it be - contemplated a small tie wrap as a viable solution.

Chris_in_the_UK said:
I tried and failed to find it and resigned myself to leaving it be - contemplated a small tie wrap as a viable solution.

Yes im thinking small tie wrap and small piece of vac pipe so I can slip the cutters under to release it. My engine will be in and out more than most !!!!

Many thanks to wot996 for sending me the part number

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back