Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Strange Alarm Issue

treblig

Replaced the stereo with an aftermarket double DIN unit and had the usual horn sounding on locking which has since been sorted. Had a diagnostic done which confirmed this was the issue. However a further problem which has developed is that unless I wait at least 10/15 seconds to lock the car I get an alarm fault double chirrup and the alarm goes off. Apart from that everything seems fine. Any ideas? :?:

When you fitted the new DD cage, did you isolate the cable
off the factory fitted unit on the left hand side?
If not, then the car may think the radio has been stolen hence the alarm.

Originally it hadn't been isolated so I had this done last time the car was in for a service and that cured it. The alarm is triggered if I lock the car too quickly on exit. Happened again last night. If I wait say 10 or 15 seconds before locking all is fine and no alarm fault noises. I'm wondering if it might be a faulty interior motion sensor or door lock micro switch but surely these would have shown up on the diagnostics?

Yay

According to the 911 manual you can lock the car then immediately after pressing the keyfob press it again which, supposedly, disables the interior checking etc. Try that as at least it's a start

Thanks I will try that and see what happens.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahab
Back