Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Belt squeek

I could hear some belt squeek this morning when I started the car. Once I had driven up the road it has stopped.

I have recently had the v-belt replaced and also the water pump. Alternator was done about 5 years ago.

I also noticed the volt-meter dipping a little to say 12v and then back up to around 13.8 (very rough obviously).

Any thoughts – loose belt? I cant feel much play in it around the alternator pulley..

Cheers

If the belt is new (has good grip and flexibility) and is the correct tension (if not, replace auto tensioner), then it is probably pulley bearings snatching (seizing on and off).

This will require removal the belt, but all the free wheeling pulleys, and the clutched pulley bearing will need checking for free turning (when not engaged, if clutched).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back