Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Smitten

effy

Spa-Francorchamps
Well guys with 700+ miles since I picked it up, I decided to go out of town last night to drive on some B roads, even having a little go against a R8. Up to last night I've only given it a quick blast now and again, but last night I was actually shocked at this car's capabilities, I applied the PASM switch and gave it loads on the bends it certainly handled way beyond my wildest dreams, I'm certainly smitten :D

effy said:
Well guys with 700+ miles since I picked it up, I decided to go out of town last night to drive on some B roads, even having a little go against a R8. Up to last night I've only given it a quick blast now and again, but last night I was actually shocked at this car's capabilities, I applied the PASM switch and gave it loads on the bends it certainly handled way beyond my wildest dreams, I'm certainly smitten :D

You'd have done even better if you'd left that PASM switch alone :)

And the duel with the R8? What happened?

He was quick on the straights but didn't seem to be able to get as close on the bends

I caught an old top gear a few months back - drag race between 997 S & an R8...

The 911 wins, its a nice TV moment for any owner!

:thumbs:

I saw that Rowan i must admit to a smug grin :D

effy said:
He was quick on the straights but didn't seem to be able to get as close on the bends

It's funny I never get those guys trying it with me in the turbo!!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back