Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 C4S : Engine & Wheel Arch Detail

Polar993TT

Monza
A little bit of elbow grease...

First rear wheel arch : dirty stuff done, finishing touches to come

First pass engine detail done...

One wheel arch is enough for today...:) I think a cider is in order...

No. I've heard great things about that and should try it.

I use something much more mundane. An old can of Halford (IIRC) rubber and nylon lubricant. I've had it for years but it does a sterling job of bringing black rubber and plastics back to black without leaving them wet or sticky or too shiny or a magnet for general dust etc. I just spray it on a cloth and then rub on. Then buff off. Seems to last for a long time. Great on plastics and on door/window rubbers. Also brings greying plastics and rubbers back to black - such around the steering wheel enclosure or around the instrument clock rubbers. I like it, but I really should try some of the more fancy "detailer" potions...

The thing is, I already go too far with this stuff without finding reasons to go further...:) For instance, I routinely take wheels off to clean 'em and I remove all the wheel arch liners to clean and treat those. But...looking after a car is as much part of the enjoyment for me as driving it...

That said, I appear to have just ordered some of this 303 aerospace protectant...:)

Looking good, what did you use to clean the wheel-arch?

Just a sponge and hot water and some Meguiars's car shampoo and some elbow grease. I haven't properly cleaned / finished it yet. Was just getting the surface stuff off. Tar remover, claybar, stiff brush, surface treatments to follow.

I'm gonna start my engine detail and wheel arch clean too.....if I can get it looking as good as what you have I will be pleased!

Is it easy to to remove wheel arch liners?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back