Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Non-waving 911 drivers

Yep, have to agree with that. We should all take a leaf out of GT4s book; he even waves at new VW Beetle owners :wink:

:thumb:

scottuk said:
+1.

But I find it's mostly 997 drivers! :bye:
Not me. I wave incessantly. Even at those people with mobility scooters. :thumb:

plavix said:
scottuk said:
+1.

But I find it's mostly 997 drivers! :bye:
Not me. I wave incessantly. Even at those people with mobility scooters. :thumb:

I *think* we may be getting muddled between 'waving' and 'gesturing'...

I only ever wave to other GT's, but will return a wave if any 911 waves at me. Best compromise I find. :)

I find GT and 993 drivers the friendliest generally speaking. The 993 thing surprises me as I would expect them to be too far up their own smug bottoms to notice a different 911, but credit where credit due and all that :grin:

The air cooled folks never wave back, so i dont bother any more!

4/5 the 996/997s do

I wave at anything Porsche (although no tractors yet) there's a track prepared (well it looks like it is) 944 near me and we wave frantically every time we see each other.. Although I nearly broke finger at the weekend after trying to wave my hand out the window when it was up :roll:

Really sorry, went past a 997 today and didn't wave - was just toooo late - but I had every intention.

Having said that, I didn't get a wave from them? :?:

I'll wave at anything, if it's coming towards me, if I'm passing it, but not if they're passing me, I don't see the point. :)

Yeah I've noticed that. Coming from Ferrari ownership. Me in my 25K 308 would get waving and flashing lights from the F40 coming the other way. Or the time I broke down and a guy in a 1960's 250 Lusso stopped and gave me a hand. It really didn't seem to matter which one you had it was like one big club. Or maybe all Ferrari owners are sad and lonely.
Yes I will continue to wave to other Porsches - it's starting to sound weird now!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back