Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Gen1 TT clutch stuck to floor and can't select gear

BingB

Guys

Got into the car the other night pressed clutch and instead of having any pressure it went straight to the floor and now unable to select any gear, car did drive fine before this and no clutch slippage.

Any ideas what this could be? Fluid leak etc, car is covered by warranty so hoping it's not gonna hurt too much.

Unless you noticed it sitting in a pool of its own fluids then it is unlikely to be hydraulic leak. More likely the master clutch cylinder has failed. Otherwise it could be the clutch fork.

Is there pressure on the pedal when the ignition is off?

The clutch pedal has sunk to the bottom, having said that if the car is switched off and I press the pedal it will go into gear, very strange. Haven't checked under for fluid as I I'm away from the car until Next week.

Apparently it's got an airlock and needs a bleed. AA man got it working temporarily, but it's spongy!!

BingB said:
Apparently it's got an airlock and needs a bleed. AA man got it working temporarily, but it's spongy!!

you need to be asking where the air came from because if it isnt repaired it will happen again.

On 993's the clutch slave cylinder used to go faulty leading to the same symptoms, but I thought this was long since solved.

If it's an airlock, surely a good Indy or OPC will be able to sort it out for (relative) buttons....

It will need an accumulator and or slave cylinder. Common problem on 996 and 997 turbos - inherent design fault which unfortunately Porsche chose not to fix on £100k 996 turbo replacement. Take it to any good Indy and they can easily fix but will need doing again 3-4 years :?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back