Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Interior upgrades

alcarmichael

Spa-Francorchamps
I quite fancy a couple of upgrades to liven up the interior of my metropole 996 turbo. To start I think I'll go with the silver clock surrounds, I think this looks much better than the plain black. I guess next would be to look at the centre dash console, until I saw the price of them!

Anyone else spruced up the interior with shiny new bits? What did you go for? Did you really pay several hundred pounds for a bit of interior bling?

Will be doing a few bits but not going the whole hog... Centre console colour coded looks great but as iv got extended leather it seems a bit pointless, design 911 one of the forums sponsors has some nice bits of bling so I may go for things like Ali clock surrounds hazard switch surround and I quite like the Ali look bat wing panels that they do.

Lots.

Silver faced GT2 clocks with silver surround and silver bezels. Ally dash strip and hand brake, silver centre vents.

Carbon: full centre console and ash tray, upper (lower) pocket in place of CD rack, heater surround, gear stick, stereo surround, haz switch, ignition switch surrounds.

Red seat belts, GT3 997 alcantara seats, recovered alcantara steering wheel.

Also have some carbon sill plates I haven't put on yet.

Ive got extended leather too... but going to buy a new centre console and have it sprayed the same colour as the outside to lift it a bit....

God knows how hard it is to remove the old one tho!

ursicles said:
Ive got extended leather too... but going to buy a new centre console and have it sprayed the same colour as the outside to lift it a bit....

Have considered this myself.. My cars Cobalt blue so would really lift the interior, shame to take the leather one out tho

20131116_110213_zps40f9dd76.jpg

ursicles said:

Really surprisingly easy. Search for the guide for fitting a short shift and just follow the first part. When you've done it once takes about 10 mins.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back