Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gutted

markleach

Ran over a stone in the road which caught the under tray damaged the floor pan in three places and cracked the gearbox casing car only two months old and looking at a wright off,apparently the floor pan is all in one piece and althought only a small amount of damage were looking at a repair bill of 60k plus looks like goodbye to the 4s :sad: :sad:

That is rough. How big was this stone?

MC

:eek: £60k damage from a stone :?:

jonttt said:
:eek: £60k damage from a stone :?:

Floor pan is all in one piece and cannot be repaired,new body shell needed plus new gearbox as porsche won't warrant it if it's repaired

I've hit loads of stones in my 964, got airborne, landed on cattle grids, had lots of fun.

Car still in one piece.

That's progress.

Christ OP that's bad :eek: so sorry about it :sad:

PeterS said:
I've hit loads of stones in my 964, got airborne, landed on cattle grids, had lots of fun.

Car still in one piece.

That's progress.

I agree.

A stone even as big as a tennis ball should just skim the under carriage. Can't imagine how it did so much damage. It's not the same as a stone hitting a panel head on.

Sorry to hear that op.

Were you the first registered keeper of the car. A new car replacement?

7and911 said:
Were you the first registered keeper of the car. A new car replacement?

Yes was the first registered keeper,have been told by the ins broker that the insurers have the choice to repair or wright off.
Luckily have agreed value so if they do wright off will get my money back

With your agreed value then it's best they write it off so you can get another new one. Incredibly unlucky to suffer that much damage but this kind of freak event is what your Insurance is for... Hope you get behind the wheel of another porker soon :thumb:

chimp911 said:
With your agreed value then it's best they write it off so you can get another new one. Incredibly unlucky to suffer that much damage but this kind of freak event is what your Insurance is for... Hope you get behind the wheel of another porker soon :thumb:[/quot

Thanks
Really don't want the car back so hope it's written off

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back