Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 964 this week ?

clinchy993

Daytona
Not to be out done by the beards (993s)

EBC red pads for front :thumb:

Also Fitted Carbon heater duct

Boring one for the 964 this week, but needed to fix my frunk carpet:

• Press studs (15mm, black)
    Press stub fitting tool
    Iron-on repair tape

Also bought these, which area kind of 964 related:

• Momo V35 Techart Steering Wheel with rare centre horn pad (for re-furb / sale)
    Atiwe Club Sport style wheel (for re-furb / sale)

I would like to add, I have a beard, although its defo a 964 one :puh:

Chris

clinchy993 said:

Any pics Clinchy? What was the fitment like and any plans for more carbon?

Chris

deutschland-dobson said:
clinchy993 said:

Any pics Clinchy? What was the fitment like and any plans for more carbon?

Chris
Chris
I have the air box duct as well ,I will post up some tomorrow

I had to dremmel the edge that fits into the rubber fan shroud and so far the heater fan has stayed working so I have not had to do the wiring mod

I have the 993 just not the beard :grin:

A new coat courtesy of Tom at Lemass and some other tweaks :)

7e27ba37e30614b2455e19a4b6304ebf_zps3865ecd6.jpg

Blood transfusion @ Byfleet Porsche tomorrow

Some Mobil 10w-60 extended life :grin:

More bl**dy oil pipes lol!

clinchy993 said:

Ooooh! Mr Clinch, I have just spent more time than is healthy researching this very topic. At my next change I plan to take a similar direction.

-- Have you run it on 10W60 before or is this a new move for you?
-- If new, why now?
-- Why Mobil 1 and not Millers NT or Porsche Classic?

I at this point favour the Millers NT for reduced friction and improved performance.

Last week I bought the Enthusiasts Companion and have almost read it cover to cover already. Albeit in speed read fashion.

imagejpg1_zps8aba8f5e.jpg

Fuel!

Although I did treat it to some new engine mounts and a service last week.

Rear discs and pads and rear tyres in the not too distant future.

A new evaporator and expansion valve from my ever shrinking wallet :nooo:

A full Porsche interior carpet set supplied by Southbound, black with black leather trim.

Who know's when it will be fitted while this weather lasts! :dont know:

Jcx said:
clinchy993 said:

Ooooh! Mr Clinch, I have just spent more time than is healthy researching this very topic. At my next change I plan to take a similar direction.

-- Have you run it on 10W60 before or is this a new move for you?
-- If new, why now?
-- Why Mobil 1 and not Millers NT or Porsche Classic?

I at this point favour the Millers NT for reduced friction and improved performance.

New move ...Bold who knows

As it gets fresh oil 12 -18 months, I thought I would try a different grade P-classic is 10w-60 but over £60 +vat per 5ltr can and Mobile is £40 per 5ltr at Halford's its a no brainer

I have done 5 track days in the last 18 months so running the car fast at hi temps for longish periods I think this is a good way to go I will let you know what Byfleet say when I turn up tomorrow with said oil ,car has done 89k BTW

I too have spent way to long looking at oil on the net just like you LOL

GT4 has had it put in his 993 and says it fantastiic

I am no oil expert BTW :floor:

I would be interested in your thoughts as to why you were gonna change

Thanks Mr C!

My thoughts? Happy to share.

-- Porsche came out and said a 10W 60 oil is better for older engines.
-- the higher second number will stay thicker for longer at higher heats. The air cooled engine will run at higher heats and will benefit from a thicker oil at higher temps.
-- According to Millers tech adviser, Oil loses one 'rank' (my term, i too am no expert) of the 10W xx (60) number very quickly as fuel contaminates the oil and doesn't all burn off. E.G. a Porsche track car in a race will take a 10w 60 oil and after 20 laps it will be a 10W50 oil if measured again. a higher number can afford to lose a rank without detriment to the engine.
-- thicker oil is reputedly less likely to burn off thus reducing oil consumption and increasing protection.
-- thicker oil will cause the engine to run smoother and quieter. obviously there is a point about which the oil is too thick and the engine will be silent ;-)
-- I prefer the Millers Nano Technology oil which while thicker for longer at higher temps it offers something like 60% better lubrication so it reportedly increases efficiency and power as the engine has to work less hard to overcome its own friction.
-- thicker oil should mean reduced 'sweating' (leaks). My current move from 5w 30 to 10w 40 had resulted in a dry garage floor where before i dripped a drop or two after a run. i expect the 10w 60 to improve on that further.

that's all i have to say about that. :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back