Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT boot onto a 996 GT?

Pip1968

Barcelona
In short 911Virgin have a 997 boot with 'RS' spoiler for sale. I most likely will be completing the rear spoiler modification at some stage utilizing a Manthey one but was wondering if an OEM 997 GT3 RS boot will fit onto a 996? :?:

It is probably a more expensive way of doing it but this will obviously include the enlarged induction/cooling of a 997 GT3 RS boot.

Ps. If anyone is dropping their carbon fibre 996 RS spoiler pre sale of their 996 please feel free to let me know and send me a message.

Pip

The lids are not interchangeable.

You can retro-fit the RS air scoop pretty easily. They are available from various suppliers. The genuine RS wing & the Manthey version will just drop straight onto the standard GT3 bootlid.

As helpful as ever NXI20. Would you also happen to know if a Manthey or other make (I sort of assume it may well be a Manthey one) fixes to a 997 boot lid in the same way as the 996 or are the fixtures completely different?

If the method of fixing the same on the 996 as the 997 then I may well ask if they will sell the spoiler separately :?: .

Thank you in anticipation.

Pip

You've reached the limit of my knowledge there. My suspicion is that there's a different fixing system though...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back